Looking for Advise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

patrique

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys,
Recently got a 2016 1500 Sport Crew Cab, with the 8.5 Nav, basic speaker setup (no sub). Love the headunit (hope that's not too controversial a statement) but would like a little better sound and some more base.
I've upgraded the dash and rear speakers with Kicker 40CS354's and 40CS6934's and that seems to have made the mids and highs have better clarity, just now looking at a sub upgrade.
Originally I was going to get the Kicker VSS, but don't think that will be quiet enough for what I want after hearing one in another type of vehicle.

So after some research I'm looking at the following and what to see if anyone has any input from your experiences:

a) Foxbox Ported passenger side 10" with amp rack.
b) Rockford Fosgate 10" P3D4
c) Rockford Fosgate R500X1D

I do have a couple of questions to go along with those that I've not found satisfactory info for from my Google searches:

1) Can I tap into the rear doors for the High Level Inputs for the Amp, and will that work okay?
2) Will this overpower my factory placement speakers?

Thanks in advance for all your feedback, hopefully I'm not completely off track here :)

Patrique