Looks like the DDM Plus Canbus HIDS worky

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gixxer750

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015_2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Only other issue I've had on mine is that the driver side one flickers when I hit road bumps. Well it appears to be when I see the light reflection on road surface. If memory serves me correctly, it was due to the hid bulb not seating 100% in the aftermarket headlight holder on that side.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
SO if there is a way to revive a quest from a couple years ago, can somebody rip the front of their truck apart simply to take a picture of the mounting of 3 drivers per side? lol if anyone does this you will be a ROCKSTAR for life in my eyes

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
SO if there is a way to revive a quest from a couple years ago, can somebody rip the front of their truck apart simply to take a picture of the mounting of 3 drivers per side? lol if anyone does this you will be a ROCKSTAR for life in my eyes

Depending on the kit and what headlights you have you should be able to fit everything inside the housing. If not, on the engine side of each headlight opening there is a plastic divider. There is enough room on top of that to mount the ballast. I just had to drill one hole then zip tied the ballast to it. This area seemed to give the ballast the most protection from the elements, keep it out of the way, and close to the headlights where you still have plenty of wiring available

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

Gixxer750

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015_2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't remember to be honest. Mines still working. The larger box i cable tied to the vertical support beam just behind each headlight.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk
I have mine installed 55w ballast and driver only, thanks alfaobd, but even when I had the ridiculous harness kit from morimmoto I can't see fitting high beams also. And When is the last time you looked at the plastic that you mounted that ballast to because I will put money on the fact that you are melting your plastic away. I had a resistor with the edge of it touching the inner bumper skeleton and and it melted it to a glob that was stuck to the morimoto crapp. Had to use a heat gun and a screwdriver to pry them apart when I ditched all the extra components from morimoto and used alpha to enable HI d's and set a specific voltage to be fed to them constantly. You have the option to choose the regulation in increments of point 2 V starting at 12.2 and going up to 14.8. If anybody else has found the sweet spot for the constant voltage. I started with 14 v And when the lights have cooled off One of the 2 lights randomly would not ignite and I am not sure which setting I pushed to goof that up. At the moment the quick fix is turn the headlights off and back on and it works every time. But would like to dig back into it and get it functioning correctly all the time

Gixxer750

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015_2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Depending on the kit and what headlights you have you should be able to fit everything inside the housing. If not, on the engine side of each headlight opening there is a plastic divider. There is enough room on top of that to mount the ballast. I just had to drill one hole then zip tied the ballast to it. This area seemed to give the ballast the most protection from the elements, keep it out of the way, and close to the headlights where you still have plenty of wiring available

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

Gixxer750

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015_2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also the lamps that I got actually protrude out of the housing and into the rubber boot. So I don't see that being a viable option they didn't give me the 9012 with the 90゚ connection even know that's what I ordered and it's what the package said and that has happened all 3 times with to 55 W systems and a 35

OP
OP
Limeybastard

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have mine installed 55w ballast and driver only, thanks alfaobd, but even when I had the ridiculous harness kit from morimmoto I can't see fitting high beams also. And When is the last time you looked at the plastic that you mounted that ballast to because I will put money on the fact that you are melting your plastic away. I had a resistor with the edge of it touching the inner bumper skeleton and and it melted it to a glob that was stuck to the morimoto crapp. Had to use a heat gun and a screwdriver to pry them apart when I ditched all the extra components from morimoto and used alpha to enable HI d's and set a specific voltage to be fed to them constantly. You have the option to choose the regulation in increments of point 2 V starting at 12.2 and going up to 14.8. If anybody else has found the sweet spot for the constant voltage. I started with 14 v And when the lights have cooled off One of the 2 lights randomly would not ignite and I am not sure which setting I pushed to goof that up. At the moment the quick fix is turn the headlights off and back on and it works every time. But would like to dig back into it and get it functioning correctly all the time
I believe I didn't get the 55w type, I think it was 35W. All seems ok still , 4 years later. Cable tie doesn't seem melted.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk