Measurements of back wall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know it's a long shot but does anyone have a drawing of the back wall of a crew cab? I'm adding some more equipment to mine and want to play with the layout to see how it all can fit.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
E4F8-4694-998B-5F8B90947BFE-12211-00000F0DFFC83F75.jpg

its an old pic with no measurements, but it gives you an idea. Can't really add stuff too high up on the wall due to rear window cables, components, seat belt, rear seat hooks. This pic was my first initial install with three amps I believe, dist block. I wasn't worried about the amps covering some of the cabin vents as long as those vents are not sealed shut or covered completely. This isn't pretty, but it was easy, effective, and I used this rack for many many configurations. I personally think the cabin vents aided in cooling of the amps...they def didn't hurt.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
added, the higher you go up on the rear wall, you start to lose depth cause the rear seats lean back a bit. The very bottom is where you have the most depth

OP
OP
TomT

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
added, the higher you go up on the rear wall, you start to lose depth cause the rear seats lean back a bit. The very bottom is where you have the most depth

Yeah and the upper part isn't recessed like the lower section. My back wall currently looks about like your photo and I'm planning to add two more fairly large amps. This is going to get interesting. :happy107:

If things work out I'm hoping to at least swap the DSP next week. Still debating between tweeter on axis from the sail panel or pointing at the opposite seat in the A pillars.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Yeah and the upper part isn't recessed like the lower section. My back wall currently looks about like your photo and I'm planning to add two more fairly large amps. This is going to get interesting. :happy107:

If things work out I'm hoping to at least swap the DSP next week. Still debating between tweeter on axis from the sail panel or pointing at the opposite seat in the A pillars.

The best move I made with my system hands down (obviously depends on tweeters as well) was when I decided to put mine on axis from the sail panels. Huge improvement. From a re-sale stand point, I hacked my sails up pretty good but wasn't too concerned because you can replace them fairly cheap once trade in time comes. Other measures would have to be taken if I went with custom a-pillars (which I thought about)...I never looked into replacing the pillars as the sails (or "mirror covers") are so cheap. Food for thought

OP
OP
TomT

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I currently have my Hertz tweeters in the sails. My next ones will be a lot larger. I have a friend who does 3D design and has access to a high end 3D printer. I'm going to pick up a pair of sails for him to use as a mounting template and give him my MD130s. He wants to try and come up with something.

I'll eventually get the Dyn 110s most likely. At that time I'll have to decide if I want to keep the e430s in the dash or run both up top in either pods, pillars or split between pillars and sails. These are good problems to have.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
My take on your situation is this (again, just my opinion) if/when you decide on the larger format tweeter i/e 110's, I would do everything in my power to get both tweeters & 430's on axis...or close. The E430 is such an amazing speaker (many will say the 430 is the star of the show) that I would feel bad placing them in the dash firing up at the windshield. Would the 430's do well in the dash?...of course, they'd sound amazing....but they would sound even better on axis. I would personally get the 110's into the sails, then build nice pods on the front corners of the dash and butt them up next to the tweeters as much as possible...on-axis. That would sound amazing and make tuning a bit easier. That's the perfect world. I have always been function over form, especially when dealing with high end stuff. You'd never build a blown stroker motor, then mate it to 2.25" exhaust....ultimately setting that motor up for failure...or at least limiting its performance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye