Mini antenna

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
Anyone take out their stock antenna and put in one of those mini ones? Mine is old looking and hits everything since it’s lifted. I use the hell out of my HD radio and don’t wanna lose reception if I go to the mini???

Reaction score
Ram Year
2000 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins diesel
Engine
Anyone take out their stock antenna and put in one of those mini ones? Mine is old looking and hits everything since it’s lifted. I use the hell out of my HD radio and don’t wanna lose reception if I go to the mini???

I put one on my truck and took it off but I need a new Radio then I will try it again ![emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I took my stock antenna, pulled the ball end off, cut it to the length I wanted, filed down the end, sanded the antenna, put the ball back on top, painted semi flat black, looks great and reception was not effected....free mods are the best :naughty:

Attachments

• IMG_2854.jpg
    IMG_2854.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 64
OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
Aaahhhh very good idea!! Hhhmmm

OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Jb weld the ball....or??

OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Curious how mini one works. Salesman said works the same but I don’t trust him lol

Hemipower392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm missing 2 cylinders
I've had 2 different antennas. A bullet one and a now a stubby one. My radio signal blows but i use spotify anyways so i dont care

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
I have an AntennaX 12" on my Jeep that works fairly decent.

I barely get reception in my Ram even with the stock antenna so I just took it off. Might fab up a cover plate and have it body color painted to completely remove the antenna mount.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Jb weld the ball....or??

That ball on the end is brass and has hole in it that the antenna shaft fits in, just get some pliers and twist while pulling and it’ll come right off, just make sure you don’t drop it and lose it. After cutting you’ll need to file the cut edge so that the ball can be pushed down over, if it’s lose you can gorilla glue it or jb weld if you want, if too tight you could file the shaft more or drill ball hole out some, it’s brass so be careful. To cut the shaft I put it in my vise and cut it with regular hacksaw

Last edited:

andresfj007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Antenna

Bought a mini antenna at autozone no signal issues yet.

Parker_12

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport Night Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a 13 inch one off Amazon it works just as good as the factory one.

RAM DRVR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I took my stock antenna, pulled the ball end off, cut it to the length I wanted, filed down the end, sanded the antenna, put the ball back on top, painted semi flat black, looks great and reception was not effected....free mods are the best :naughty:

^ This..........

OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Jb1 thank you! Think i’m Gonna give that a try tomorrow...got mixed reviews on mini ones?

OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cut, and painted my existing antenna. Works and looks great!! Good mod guys!

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you did it already? lol dang you don't waste time

OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah piece of cake. I put mine about 4” below the cab so it won’t hit stuff now. Popped the ball off, cut the antenna with a grinder, had to mash antenna end little bit to snug ball fit up, gorilla glued it and painted it while glue was drying. Taped the bottom and cranked er on. Good deal! Works and looks perfect! Glad you shared that one.