Mirror Microphones with aftermarket radio?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpicc84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a Express, which came with the basic rear view mirror. I have collected all the parts I need to upgrade my radio to a aftermaket touchscreen with bluetooth and all that jazz.

The radio I got does not have a internal microphone, but came with a ugly one on a clip that won't look nice or factory at all...

I want to use a OEM rear view mirror with the microphones built in, Seeing as there are two, I don't know what will / won't work.

I do not have UConnect, so I imagine I don't have the plug in the side of the dash for the mirror.

Ram UConnect Microphone Kit – Infotainment.com
This seems abit expensive? Is there a cheaper way to go about this?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
You can find used mic/mirrors for $50-75 and the harness isn't very expensive. I'm not sure if there is a way to integrate a oem mic with a aftermarket radio. I remember a while back someone was interested in doing the same thing but figured out that the input or ohms or something beyond my pay grade with the oem mic was different than what a aftermarket mic needs and/or uses

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
mpicc84

mpicc84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ah jeez, well I guess I'm going to have to find a semi decent looking aftermarket one then...

57buick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L diesel
My kenwood MIC was like that on a clip. But once I sinstalled it into the front of the headliner I don't even notice. Forget its there.

I was curious too though about using the factory MIC, was gonna look intoit he wiring diagrams and see if it was possible