Missing headlight dust cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AkNomad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was changing my headlight bulbs when i found one of the covers missing off the back of the headlight housing (drivers side), does anyone know the part number for these things or does one need to buy a whole headlight assembly?

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I was changing my headlight bulbs when i found one of the covers missing off the back of the headlight housing (drivers side), does anyone know the part number for these things or does one need to buy a whole headlight assembly?
I don't think they are sold separately. JJ at retro shop may have some from extra/broken/spare headlights. He may be able to sell you one.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
AkNomad

AkNomad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What a bummer, the missing cover is letting moisture into my headlight housing. I contacted Jeremy at Retro shop and we'll see what he has to say. Thanks for the assist guys.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
What a bummer, the missing cover is letting moisture into my headlight housing. I contacted Jeremy at Retro shop and we'll see what he has to say. Thanks for the assist guys.

I just bought a 2017 1500 and put LED low beams in. I found a plastic cap from a jar top that fis tightly over the outside of the dust cap lip & I drilled a hole in the side of the cap & put a screw through it to keep them on.

Now my question is;
Isn't the internal headlight part of the housing sealed? there is a rubber gasket on the bulb that seals tightly around it so why do they have a dustcap too???

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I just bought a 2017 1500 and put LED low beams in. I found a plastic cap from a jar top that fis tightly over the outside of the dust cap lip & I drilled a hole in the side of the cap & put a screw through it to keep them on.

Now my question is;
Isn't the internal headlight part of the housing sealed? there is a rubber gasket on the bulb that seals tightly around it so why do they have a dustcap too???
No they aren't sealed. Moisture and dust will accumulate much more rapidly without the dust caps.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Try ebay. Try searching ram quad headlight dust covers or ram dust covers, headlight dust covers. I've seen them there before

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Old post. I did buy rubber boots on ebay that fit. I used a zip tie to hold them on. 2 1/2 years now with no leaking or condensation issues.