Missing Ignition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all,
SO here is my dilemma in short: I am missing ignition power on my Pink/Green wire in the trailer connector under the dash.
So to further this complication, there are two connectors, one with four wires where ignition is supposed to be from what I understand and one where there is more than 4 wires. If the trailer feature is not from factory, both harnesses have a thin padding on the connector side (just for recognition of the connectors) So regardless of where the ignition wire is and should be... it does not get ignition. I know for a fact that it did but for some reason now it does not and I am not sure why. I have went over everything that I have done to the truck and checked all fuses but still cannot seem to find where the failure is. Has anyone experienced this or can confirm exactly where the fuse is for it? Maybe I just missed it but I did go over all of them at least twice.
This place always pulls through for me so I am hoping this post will yield some good info. Thanks in advance guys and gals!
:favorites13:

OP
OP
NOcasio7

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I found ignition elsewhere and used a relay to power what I need which is what I planned to do with the Pink/Green wire but I want to make sure nothing else is affected by this missing power in the wire. Any help is greatly appreciated!

OP
OP
NOcasio7

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What year is your truck and model
1500 express. I have the two plugs there but nothing in that pink green that is supposed to be for ignition of the trailer pack. I even went to the fuse where there is a 30 amp block fuse installed and have nothing on either side.
This all came about due to a remote start install that was trying to be done.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
When the remote start was installed was it a standalone setup as in hit the lock button three times or was there another remote start module as well ie viper etc .
The reason I ask is if both bypass module and remote start module installed then a diode is required .
I have seen a few people fry some Electronics when the Diode is not placed on the ignition wire coming from the truck .

OP
OP
NOcasio7

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There was a viper unit that was put in there. That is a great thought although could be disheartening, do you know where I can look to see if something got fried or messed up? this issue has been over a year in fact. With and without the remote start in the truck. I just don't even know where to look for the source of the power for that wire.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
I will take a look at my truck this evening if it is not raining .
Was the system installed by you are someone else ?
Just trying to figure out if the Diode was installed

OP
OP
NOcasio7

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Originally, installed by someone else. I then had swapped it out myself for a different unit and then this passed weekend put a different unit in there where brought this all back again. The unit that I had put in this weekend did have a diode installed in it but the previous one I do not recall seeing a diode installed. The unit that is in now used an iData module and the module before was a DEI DB3. Thank you so much for your help!

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
So the idata module that is in there is it in by itself or is paired with a viper ?
Are you using the Alca module ?

OP
OP
NOcasio7

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The idata piece is an Alca that is being used with a Viper unit currently.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
So there is at least two places for the ignition source according to Fortin install guide .
They are both the same colour wire so I wonder if the meet at the same point down the body harness .
Where did you get the ignition source currently ?
I would maybe disconnect the battery and do a continuity test on the two wires and see if they tire together .
I went thru my fuse box last night briefly and seen the ignition module fuse and a few fuses related to trailer stuff .
Your truck currently runs so the ignition module is fine .
I blew my ignition module fuse once and my truck wouldn’t start or nothing until the fuse was replaced .I was trying to find a schematic showing the trailer pack circuitry and haven’t found it yet without having to buy a tech authority subscription for a day .
You can pm if you want and we can maybe arrange a phone call and can compare fuses ,voltages etc one day on the weekend .

A99AB7A8-30AD-42D9-A568-40C988CFA784.png

7ED65C9A-DED2-4FA6-906E-285AE73BFEEE.png

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
I would check your 10 amp fuses in the PDC. I was looking at some wiring schematics for the trailer brake module and it looks like maybe the ignition wire going into the module is protected with a 10 amp fuse .
Hopefully it’s just a blown 10 amp fuse .

Last edited:
OP
OP
NOcasio7

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any luck ?
I have been meaning to reply and update, I just have not had the chance.
So in the beginning of June, my job had finally given me an offer I was waiting for, to relocate to mid-Florida and I had only 3 weeks to prep, pack and get down here.
Needless to say, I have been so busy packing and moving that I have not had a chance to check nor respond but once the smoke is clear, this is on my list of things to get done as well as many other truck things that I feel like I am now "behind" on.