Mopar/Kicker Speaker Upgrade Single Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigTex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have a 2014 Express Single Cab. Can I go with the 77KICK28 as well as the 77KICK41 for behind the seats? Haven't seen this asked yet.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Have a 2014 Express Single Cab. Can I go with the 77KICK28 as well as the 77KICK41 for behind the seats? Haven't seen this asked yet.
Do you have a 6 speaker system in a reg cab?

OP
OP
B

BigTex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are 2 door speakers, 2 corner dash speakers, center dash speaker and 2 speakers on the back wall.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
So I got the 77KICK28 setup for my truck a few weeks ago, put the dash speakers in one cold morning before work. Then a few days later it got warm enough to install the door speakers. It was all very simple. I like the new door panel retention system. My 01 was a real PIA. Anyway I am no audiophile but i think it sounded good. I decided to also get the 77KICK41 speakers for the back doors and put them in this past Sunday. I like the way all 6 speakers work. It is tough to describe because it is so subjective but I feel this was worth the upgrade. I have no interest in amps or subs. Another thing I really like is that they all fit perfectly. No rubbing, banging or spacers. Just to be sure I measured the depth of the door mount at 3.25" and the speaker at 3.12".

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
There are 2 door speakers, 2 corner dash speakers, center dash speaker and 2 speakers on the back wall.

If there is a center speaker does that mean it is an Alpine system?

OP
OP
B

BigTex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If there is a center speaker does that mean it is an Alpine system?

Sorry thinking about the system in my G8 GXP. No center speaker so there are the 2 dash, 2 doors and 2 on the back wall.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Yes just 6, the fronts and a Hideaway would rock in a RC

OP
OP
B

BigTex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes just 6, the fronts and a Hideaway would rock in a RC

That's what I figured I would do but figured replace all the speakers and the hideaway is it possible to run 2 hideaways?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
That's what I figured I would do but figured replace all the speakers and the hideaway is it possible to run 2 hideaways?

Yes sir, David on here ran two for awhile.

OP
OP
B

BigTex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes sir, David on here ran two for awhile.

HMMMM May do that then. Put one under each seat. Ordered the front set and will be here tomorrow. Hopefully the rears(on the back wall) I can't hear and don't sounds like crap over the new ones. If that's the case I will be replacing them as well.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Mine stayed hooked up, after doors and hideaway, never heard the rears again.

ZroCool

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also have the 2014 Express single cab, does it matter which oem headunit you have? Just asking I'm not familiar with RAM Audio systems and whether or not they are oem amplified.

Thanks for your help

OP
OP
B

BigTex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is an upgrade for the Non-Alpine systems. I have the U3.0 headunit which is the base of the base. Put these speaker in this weekend and Holy Hell it was a massive upgrade! Well worth it. Next will be the Kicker Hideaway sub and I will be set.

ZroCool

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is an upgrade for the Non-Alpine systems. I have the U3.0 headunit which is the base of the base. Put these speaker in this weekend and Holy Hell it was a massive upgrade! Well worth it. Next will be the Kicker Hideaway sub and I will be set.

Kicker Hideaway for a single cab? If so link please...

OP
OP
B

BigTex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Kicker Hideaway for a single cab? If so link please...

Its a Hideaway sub that you can fit under the seat. Model Number 11HS8. Bunch of guys have used them.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Yup, slide under drivers seat, add remote gain on dash

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yup, slide under drivers seat, add remote gain on dash

Not to hijack too much, but the remote bass for my Hideaway doesn't do anything (I don't think it ever did). Everything is connected and what not, any suggestions? I did have a bunch of amateurs install everything, as I didn't have time to do it myself back then.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Not to hijack too much, but the remote bass for my Hideaway doesn't do anything (I don't think it ever did). Everything is connected and what not, any suggestions? I did have a bunch of amateurs install everything, as I didn't have time to do it myself back then.

depends where they set the gains, sure its plugged in, etc?

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
depends where they set the gains, sure its plugged in, etc?

It's plugged in, as I had to tear everything apart to fix a couple of things they messed up. It probably is a setting like you said, I haven't really messed with it too much.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-01-31-01-08-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-01-31-01-08-05.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 56