Mopar LED bedlights any good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Those of you that have the OEM Mopar bedlight kit, do you like it? Is it reasonably bright enough to use?

My bed is currently body color (silver) so the cargo light is plenty. But at some point I am going to get a tonno and spray in liner.

I understand that for the bedlight kit to work with my cargo light switch I need to have the dealer program the computer??

Thanks!

BadHabit2Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
I have the OEM bed lights on mine. It came that way.

They are bright, and my truck is dark blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
They are bright "enough" but it really comes down to how much visibility you want in the bed. Remember they shine "out" from the side not down on any of the bed, so really the cargo light along with the bed light would be your best light (but with a cover on the cargo light will be useless).

Not sure on the programming part, check and see if the wiring is there already for the lights under the bed, if so throw a multimeter on and see if you get voltage when you throw on the cargo light.

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have the bed sprayed and tonneau and the lights are nice to have, but if you are gonna take the time to add something yourself I would suggest strip lighting so the entire bed is lit up not just the rear like the OEM.

Here is one option - LINK

OP
OP
Jay5.7

Jay5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the bed sprayed and tonneau and the lights are nice to have, but if you are gonna take the time to add something yourself I would suggest strip lighting so the entire bed is lit up not just the rear like the OEM.

Here is one option - LINK

With those lights do you have to cut wires or anything? I really want a plug and play solution.

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Sprayed in liner, tonneau. Went with the Truxedo kit, ligting on both sides of bed. Tapped in to my trailer harness. I don't think you are going to find any kit that doesn't require splicing of some type. Even the factory kit requires it from my understanding.

ddetta88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I almost want the OEM ones just to fill the holes. Though my cargo light has been sufficient so far.

But the dealer does have to program the sales code.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
Im pretty happy with the OEM bed lights my BH has. Good amount of light back there.

Anthony Camous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Where is the factory eiring for the led bed lights if the cutouts are there?

2ndA732

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For OEM should be underneath the rear of the bed's rocker panel, plug and play. Though i think the dealer does need to flash. Take a look under your truck, if you have it you'll see wiring with a plug on it.

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Actually they mount out at a rearward angle and cross the light up the bed. I think they provide a more than adequate amount of light unless you want super bright bed lights. The harness is not there if you don't have them. The "kit" from Mopar includes the harness to run up to the engine bay. It will need to be flashed to work as intended. I'm avoiding all that by installing them and connecting to a Curt harness inserted into the trailer wiring, this way i don't have to run to the engine bay. I'm adding a small waterproof switch in the bed near the gate so i can turn them on when i want without heaving to go to the cab.

cliffslocal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wouldn’t try to operate under them but I don’t understand why you would need a brighter light in the bed.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So i can see at oh dark thirty when im loading or unloading tools for the day...cargo and oem bed lights20180203_215713.jpg same but with rail strips20180313_060012.jpg rail and tool box, lid blocking cargo20180203_215732.jpg