Mounted GPS today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Td577

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So today I mounted my Magellan 1700 Roadmate gps. I have had this for about 3 years in other vehicles and I like it because I can hook up a rearview camera.

Attachments

• IMG_0165.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 134

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thats awesome. Love the mount position. I'm assuming you made that a permanent mount?

OP
OP
T

Td577

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats awesome. Love the mount position. I'm assuming you made that a permanent mount?

Yeah. I took the window mount, unscrewed the suction cup part, and sanded down the back to fit depth wise. Then I put two larger holes in that part of the dash that comes out to run wiring and screwed the mount to the dash.

I can still take the GPS out but the mount is not going anywhere. When it is all said and done, when I am ready for something new, I will just order that part of the dash new and no one will know any better.

If there had been space under the dash, I would have tried to make it retractable. That would have been really cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Td577

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368658210.906497.jpg

This is from the side.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Dude that is *******! I like the blendmounts, that hange from the rear view mirror, as they're very clean and very sturdy...

But that is an awesome idea! You could make some money off that idea if you wanted to.

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's awesome patten that **** and make some money off that!

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yeah. I took the window mount, unscrewed the suction cup part, and sanded down the back to fit depth wise. Then I put two larger holes in that part of the dash that comes out to run wiring and screwed the mount to the dash.

I can still take the GPS out but the mount is not going anywhere. When it is all said and done, when I am ready for something new, I will just order that part of the dash new and no one will know any better.

If there had been space under the dash, I would have tried to make it retractable. That would have been really cool.

Gotcha man, that's a really awesome set up. I did the exact same thing in my old vehicle but still traded it in with the screw holes. whoops hahah. It's so much nicer having the mount in there permanently so you don't have to deal with it falling off. Especially since you found a good flush spot to mount it on. Nice job.

OP
OP
T

Td577

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the kind words.

Big Boi

Reaction score