MP3 issue on Uconnect 5.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NL74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a weird issue that I cannot find the answer to. I have a 2017 Ram 1500 Express Crew Cab, with a Uconnect 5.0 radio. I have a 64G Samsung Fit USB 3.0 drive I keep plugged into the USB port in the Center Console on my front seat. I have ripped my entire CD collection to MP3 along with newly purchased digital downloaded albums onto this thumb drive. Every Album/Song works just like it should, except for 1 album that I ripped from a CD to MP3. The album comes up in the Artist list as "Unknown", and when I click on it, the entire list of songs on the album show up. When I try to play any of them I get an error saying "Invalid Format".

I compared the songs on this 1 album to all the others on the thumb drive, and there is no difference in the type of file. The strange thing is, I have ALL the same music on a Micro SD card in my Samsung S7 and they ALL work fine. I can see these tracks with no issue and play them fine. I even deleted these tracks/album from the thumb drive, re-ripped the album to MP3 and put them back. I even went as far as Formatting the thumb drive, and re installing all the music back. Still NG.

Any help would be appreciated. I would like to listen to this album along with all the other music on the drive.

Aries1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The problem is the 64GB, 32GB is the max. I had the same problem.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
NL74

NL74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The problem is the 64GB, 32GB is the max. I had the same problem.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Sounds like it would be that, but I am only at 20.2G of storage used on the 64G. Also, to test this out, I put the album in question along with 3 other albums on a 1G thumb drive, and the same issue. That 1 Album still says "Invalid Format" and Unknown for the name of the Artist. I even re-formatted the 1G to FAT32 like I read somewhere, instead of just FAT. Still getting this issue. Strange.