My bluetooth streaming sucks...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Does anyone else's bluetooth streaming from your phone suck? My iphone sucked BT streaming was terrible, and now my sansung galaxy s2 skyrocket does the same thing. It rushes and skips most of the songs. It sounds like a terrible dj! :shooter:

My wife's Ferd Edge works perfectly! No bueno!

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
it sucks and I don't use it. I just plug my iphone thru the aux jack. THe phone software is to far advanced for the radio. I thing like iOS 4.3 or something where the software cutoff it. BS but ohwell

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
on which one. There isn't and for the 430 RBZ radio

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
it sucks on mine too

Miami Son

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I stream Pandora and Slacker from my Galaxy S2 and it works fine. Ocassionally the phone drops the station, but that isn't the radio's fault. It did that on my last truck and with my previous phone, too.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
It is funny, it usually seems like the bluetooth streaming on mine is ok, somewhat scratchy, so I don't use it, but no epic failures like yours.

I will say though, when I am talking on the phone, a lot of the time it will just randomly cut out, and I am talking about being in a place with good reception etc. If I turn off the bluetooth, and just talk normally on the phone I don't have any problems either.

Does that sound at all familiar?

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The quality of the downloaded music is what sucks on mine. I lose all song quality playing music from my phone thru bluetooth....never streamed it though, all stuff I had...

OP
OP
Trupiano

Trupiano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I stream Pandora and Slacker from my Galaxy S2 and it works fine. Ocassionally the phone drops the station, but that isn't the radio's fault. It did that on my last truck and with my previous phone, too.

It is funny, it usually seems like the bluetooth streaming on mine is ok, somewhat scratchy, so I don't use it, but no epic failures like yours.

I will say though, when I am talking on the phone, a lot of the time it will just randomly cut out, and I am talking about being in a place with good reception etc. If I turn off the bluetooth, and just talk normally on the phone I don't have any problems either.

Does that sound at all familiar?

What kind of phone do you guys use? I've tried the iphone and also now have a samsung and it does the same thing. I'll take a video when I get hom if I remember.

Miami Son

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The quality of the downloaded music is what sucks on mine. I lose all song quality playing music from my phone thru bluetooth....never streamed it though, all stuff I had...

If you're playing it via BT then you're streaming it. I rip all my songs at 192kbps for better quality. Some downloaded songs come in at 128kbps, which is only so-so. Another thing to check is that the audio level on the phone is only about halfway when streaming. Most people leave their phone audio set to high and that can overdrive the signal when outputting to a BT device making it sound distorted. Set it halfway and use the radio's volume level instead of the phone's.

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you're playing it via BT then you're streaming it. I rip all my songs at 192kbps for better quality. Some downloaded songs come in at 128kbps, which is only so-so. Another thing to check is that the audio level on the phone is only about halfway when streaming. Most people leave their phone audio set to high and that can overdrive the signal when outputting to a BT device making it sound distorted. Set it halfway and use the radio's volume level instead of the phone's.

I will have to try that...how would someone make sure that when they are downloading songs that it is at 192 kbps?

Miami Son

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I will have to try that...how would someone make sure that when they are downloading songs that it is at 192 kbps?

That depends. I don't use iTunes, so I can't speak on them, but some like Amazon give you a choice of bitrate. 128=radio quality. 192+=CD quality. You pay a storage and download time penalty for higher bitrates, but not much.

OP
OP
Trupiano

Trupiano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD

Didn't know that! I'm also going to try this.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I have a Casio, and I would never change it lol. It's the Commando, waterproof, indestructible, AWESOME...

One of my buddies had the same problem when we hooked his phone up to my truck, I think it was a Droid something so I don't think it is a problem with my phone, but you never know.

It just really ****** me off that when I am trying to talk to people on the UConnect, and it keeps cutting out.

300MAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did an update on my uconnect module which fixed streaming sound issues.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

300MAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Whoa! Where did you get said update from? Also what kind of radio do you have?

Please tell! :drool:

Check out TSB 08-036-11, dealer can do update or you can download file and load to usb drive and update through usb port in glovebox.

The update fixes iphone and streaming issues. This TSB is for 2011 uconnect modules.