MyGig Software Update/Version

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Exdeus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Cummins
So I called the local Dodge dealership and they said that to update my radio I need to go online and order it from Chrysler. Well, the Chrysler website says that the dealership needs to do it.

Using Google, it appears that you can download the software and burn it to a disc and DIY. Does anyone know which software version is the latest and what exactly I need? Also, how do I determine the version of my radio? I installed it aftermarket, but it has no nav and is the high speed RBZ version.

picture.php

picture.php

Also, one other thing. Is there a way to control my iPod through the stereo head so that I can hide the iPod in the glovebox? I would much rather run it that way than have to transfer all of my music to the HDD as it is painfully slow I really don't want to have to convert thousands of songs to the right format.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
you sure the RBZ radio? I know that that one was left behind in updating

OP
OP
E

Exdeus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Cummins
you sure the RBZ radio? I know that that one was left behind in updating

I'm not positive other than what the seller said it was. I purchased it on EBay and it was listed as a high speed RBZ. It works fine in my truck, just I wasn't sure about the software. It looks like the unit was made in November of 2009.

Is this not an RBZ radio or whats the issue you are seeing?

It looks like the same unit as this one: http://www.oemautopartsco.com/usacan-high-speed-rbz-4678-30gb-p-33.html

Isn't the last four digits of the model number what people usually go by with the 4678AF? It has UConnect, Sirius, DVD, etc.

Another cool thing it did was it automatically flashed the Dodge logo's on startup and on the main screen. It was Chrysler first time I started the truck, but it flashed over and is now Dodge. Also, my satellite radio works through it too with no issues and I didn't transfer any subscriptions lol?

Last edited:

Xtreme545

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370397082.337971.jpg

I'm running a newer version than you, and I think there is a newer one 10.00.01 I think, but not sure how to get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 3

Xtreme545

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the lastest update downloaded, I'm just not sure how to burn it to a disk, anybody know what to do?

jamm999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Rbz

I believe I see in your one picture the bottom right corner says RBZ, that is the radio model. Keep us posted if you figure out how to do the disc burn and where you got it, I'm looking to do the same thing. You're lucky mine still has the Chrysler logo on it, hoping to figure out how to change that too !

Xtreme545

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe I see in your one picture the bottom right corner says RBZ, that is the radio model. Keep us posted if you figure out how to do the disc burn and where you got it, I'm looking to do the same thing. You're lucky mine still has the Chrysler logo on it, hoping to figure out how to change that too !

I can send you a copy of update 08.05.01 for RBZ, u have to do that one before you can go to 10.00.11

OP
OP
E

Exdeus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Cummins
I can send you a copy of update 08.05.01 for RBZ, u have to do that one before you can go to 10.00.11

Do you mind? I would hugely appreciate it! Do you just need my email address?

Xtreme545

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was gonna send u a disk lol

OP
OP
E

Exdeus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Cummins
I was gonna send u a disk lol

Ahhh! Well thanks man, thats awesome but don't sweat it. The dealership ordered the disk to 8 and I'm imagining it will be in some time. I spoke to the guy there and he was awesome and said he was going to do it under the service bulletin even though it didn't have any issues.

Thanks a ton man...I really appreciate it.

Xtreme545

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I need to get 10.00.11 somehow now

bskl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter Hemi
Also, one other thing. Is there a way to control my iPod through the stereo head so that I can hide the iPod in the glovebox? I would much rather run it that way than have to transfer all of my music to the HDD as it is painfully slow I really don't want to have to convert thousands of songs to the right format.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but you have to purchase Uconnect module. It will allow you to control iPhone/ iPod (I have iPhone 4S) through RBZ screen. It has a external USB for charging & control through rbz screen. The playlist/ artist/ songs/ podcast/ etc will show on RBZ screen. Uconnect module will also allow Bluetooth audio streaming of iPhone/ any Bluetooth enabled device. I know this because I just upgraded my RBZ with Uconnect module with RHR radio.

Mopar65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
I need to get 10.00.11 somehow now

This is my first post on the site here so please bear with me.LOL I just installed the RBZ radio in my ST truck.
My truck had 8.0 file and i updated it to the 8.5 file.
I have the 10.00.11 file. But on the web site i got the file off of the 8.5 was marked RBZ and the 10.00.11 file is marked RB2.
Will that work on the RBZ Radio? just want to make sure before i try. Thanks Mopar65:favorites13::favorites13:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio