Navigation help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can someone please explain how to use voice commands to get directions?

I'm having a hard time with it understanding what I'm asking for. Do I always have to specify an address, or can I say the name of a place and have it find it?

Here's my example: Last week I was trying to get to the St. Jacob's Farmer's Market near Kitchener Ontario, here in Canada. The actual address is 878 Weber st North, Woolwich Ontario.

I couldn't get it to recognize what I was asking no matter how I phrased it, whether I said the entire Adress, including city and province, or just the name of the place. It's not just me, my wife's voice wouldn't work either.

Can you guys test it out? I'm sure, even if you live in the states, your NAV will have Canadian roads on it. Just try using the voice commands and see if you can get directions to this ******* farmer's market :p

If you get it to work, can you please tell me exactly what you said to the radio?

Thanks you in advance.

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
Gotta say “find address”. Radio will take over and ask all the details from there. That’s the best way I have found. Unless the place you want to find is listed in the POI’s you’re kinda out of luck.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I know this is an older post but for anyone that is having issues:

as per the uconnect manual (I found it by searching "2017 Ram Uconnect 8.4 manual" on google)

Navigation
The Uconnect navigation feature helps you save time and
become more productive when you know exactly how to
get to where you want to go. (Navigation is optional on the
Uconnect 8.4 system. See your dealer to activate navigation
at any time.)
1. To enter a destination, push the VR button (on the steering wheel) . After the
beep, say
• For the 8.4 Uconnect System, say... “Enter state”
• For the 8.4 NAV Uconnect System, say... “Navigate to
800 Chrysler Drive Auburn Hills, Michigan”
2. Then follow the system prompts.

TIP: To start a POI search, push the VR button . After
the beep, say “ Find nearest coffee shop.”