Navigation Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Griebz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all, im new to the forum . I picked up a brand new ram sport 1500 last week and love it . However yesterday when using the nav, the screen went black and a message appeared saying " Navigation is being activated" then every few minutes it would do it. Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks

Pete

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hey all, im new to the forum . I picked up a brand new ram sport 1500 last week and love it . However yesterday when using the nav, the screen went black and a message appeared saying " Navigation is being activated" then every few minutes it would do it. Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks

Pete

I believe it has to do with the latest firmware that was applied to our vehicle's radio. No fix has been listed yet to correct this issue.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This just happened to me as well. Thought I was in the clear. My Nav has been fine since the update but today the screen when black three times with the Navigating is Being Activated message coming up. Would it be possible to re install my 14 25.5 Firmware to eliminate the problem untill they get a fix? Not sure if you can go back to an older version or not.

OP
OP
G

Griebz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow this is nuts .. Uconnect said its a problem with garmin on their end. I brought it to the dealer as well and they said they'll just order a new radio.. Wtf.. Basically thats not gonna fix it I guess

OP
OP
G

Griebz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Forgot to mention.. When I called them they said they were getting a lot of calls on this .. They recommended a "soft reset "

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
We already know of one user who lost NAV completely due to this. I recommend waiting for now.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

Griebz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got a call from uconnect.. They said they've gotten hundreds of calls today with similar issues .. I'm thinking of not letting the dealer replace the radio and seeing if they come up with a fix . Can't see it being a radio on a week old truck

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It kinda makes sense. I use my Nav all of the time. I have had the new Firmware in for probably a couple of months. This is the first time I have had ant problems at all. Might be wise to just wait for a bit and see what is going on.

Bill507

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well add me to the list. Just got back from a week long business trip to Millington, Tn.. nav on all the time. Loving the new RA4 and premium gauges.. no problems whatsoever. Well... on the way home today, on the twin span my nav started what has been just described here.. went blank, then says nav was being activated. Happened 4 times before I got home. Last time it was just in show map mode. Definetly weird

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

stoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 | 2500 SLT CC
Engine
6.4L w/ 4:10
I inquired about this in another thread, I am another person that just started to experience this yesterday, kind of glad to hear that there are others.
Wait for the fix I guess.

Bill507

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did the update several weeks back after I upgraded to the RA4.. so.. why all of a sudden this rash of "black-outs".

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The hackers want their radios back!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

Griebz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol .. Hope their is a fix soon. I guess it's not the truck . Def not gonna let them replace the radio. Now let's see what the genius's at uconnect will come up with

joshjack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins

Thanks

Pete

Started yesterday morning (Sunday) for most of us; some reports it started in Canada on Saturday (I guess the Canuks do get some things before us... :favorites13:)

It's an ongoing issue. Major threads on two other Ram-specific forums. I've also heard on the grapevine that people in Jeep and Dodge forums are reporting the same.

OP
OP
G

Griebz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welp.. Guess i don't need to replace the radio . Now the only question is how do they fix it and what the heck caused it

norcal-dmb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7 Cummins
I guess I will throw my 2 cents in also, same issue happened to me yesterday. If someone receives a solution please let us know. I am about to leave on a long trip and really do not need an issue with navigation while travelling. One thing I did note was that I did not seem to have the usual number of GPS satellite connections (only 6 to 7 vs. all).

OP
OP
G

Griebz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Will do .. How do you check satellite connections ?

OP
OP
G

Griebz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another thing I noticed .. The Nav won't let me save addresses or save them into recent.. Ridiculous for a brand new freakin truck

norcal-dmb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7 Cummins
To check GPS connections: form the navigation menu press "Information", from information press "Where Am I?", then press the GPS button.

btw... all my satellites where showing today.