Need help - Lockpick v5 install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dogcar3

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
EDIT: solution in post #5. solved.

So I ordered up a Lockpick v5. I followed the instructions. But my radio does not turn on when I turn the truck on.

Switches 1 and 2 are down for the 'fast' bus. Vehicle select is at '0'. All other switches are up. I have double and triple checked for bent pins. I hooked it up with no key in the ignition and already configured.

When I hook it up, the light ring around the power button lights up for a fraction of a second (screen never shows anything), waits several seconds then lights up again (again, nothing on the screen). But this time for roughly 15 seconds. Then nothing. No matter what I do.

I called the Lockpick technical support yesterday, but I was (and am now) at work so I could not really get too into it with them. They just gave me the same run down the instructions say.

So I need some help from anybody who has installed the v5 into a 4th gen. I know there are several who have a v4, but there seem to be significant changes between the two versions.

Any ideas?

If I can't get it working, I will try to find time to call technical support and not be at work during their hours.

Last edited:

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I had some trouble with mine at first but that turned out to be a bent pin. Thor09 is the only one I know who has V5, but I'm pretty sure it was just plug and play for him. Maybe you just got a bad unit would be my first suspicion.

Mitten Diver

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Sport Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the v5 in my truck. It was plug and play for me. Be sure you plug the cables from the radio into the correct connector blocks as there is a defined left side right side connection.

OP
OP
dogcar3

dogcar3

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Think having a tuner would cause a problem? Was thinking about reverting to stock and see if it works.

OP
OP
dogcar3

dogcar3

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ended up calling the technical support line again. We went over the wire harness and turns out the 'receive' wires for the Canbus were swapped. So I have swapped them back and will try again tonight.

OP
OP
dogcar3

dogcar3

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The swap worked.

JIC is comes up again for somebody else: I had to swap the two blue wires in the black connector that plugs into the actual lockpick.

The tech support is pretty decent.