Need a Little Clarification Adding Subs to Stock Alpine System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blkbaretta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys...I've been doing some reading and have been seeing some conflicting information. I have a 2012 1500 Sport 4x4 CC with the factory Alpine system that I want to add a couple of 10" subs to. I plan to keep the factory HU, so I will be adding a Line Output Converter/equivalent to get the signals I need to the amplifier. What I want to confirm is can I connect the LOC to the signal wires going to the factory subwoofer or do I need to get the signal from another location? I want to make sure I get the best signal possible to the amp for the new subs.

Thanks a lot for the help in advance!!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
a LOC should work fine, add sub amplifier, and rock on.

rizzleram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
JLB MS-8! You get time alignment and auto EQ as well!

OP
OP
B

blkbaretta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
a LOC should work fine, add sub amplifier, and rock on.
Thanks a lot man...I will certainly give it a shot...the two 10s should be just the amou t of kick I'm looking for :)

JLB MS-8! You get time alignment and auto EQ as well!
It looks a little pricey for me but has a lot of functionality...much more than I need unfortunately.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I just tapped off the sub plug at the subwoofer under the seat with a lineout converter and then to my amp. Cheap and simple and sounds great