In need of a new Digital Signal Processor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Well my Kicker Front Row has crapped out on me well its going out pos and looking for something that's close to it, I've had this DSP for almost 2 years its been good but I've always waited for it to screw up, everything I've ever owned of kicker has always ****** up, its kinda like me and Ford just don't get along, but this thing really makes a huge difference on the 8.4 Uconnect it turns it into and beyond a aftermarket HU IMO so would like to get something close to it with all the different settings and such, something that has a remote knob, so any recommendations?

I have 3 amps

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Jbl ms8 will be your best bet for auto tune and alpine h800 coming in second. But nothing is really made for Chrysler lie the front row.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Audiocontrol DQDX or DQ-61 might be in your comfort zone when comparing to the Kicker.

If you want to venture into the computer side of it, there are many DSPs out there.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Audison bit 10
audison bit one
PPI dsp-88r
ARC ps8
Mosconi 6to8
Alpine h800 with RUX controller
Rockford Fosgate 3sixty3
Helix & helix PRO
JBL MS8
All these will (and many more) will have a remote for easy tuning on the fly. However, a lot of these listed above will need a pc to take full advantage of its capabilities, and may be needed for initial start up, tune. The remote is more like a tweaker on the fly with limited adjustability
OR you could buy the Kicker again since you know it well
good luck!

OP
OP
hemi1282

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Awesome! Thanks guys Im'a do some research on all that were posted

Djeazie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hemi
Awesome! Thanks guys Im'a do some research on all that were posted

Did you have the Alpine factory system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
If you decide to keep the FR, PM me, let me see if I can help.

If you chose another avenue, I understand and wish you good luck.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Audison bit 10
audison bit one
PPI dsp-88r
ARC ps8
Mosconi 6to8
Alpine h800 with RUX controller
Rockford Fosgate 3sixty3
Helix & helix PRO
JBL MS8
All these will (and many more) will have a remote for easy tuning on the fly. However, a lot of these listed above will need a pc to take full advantage of its capabilities, and may be needed for initial start up, tune. The remote is more like a tweaker on the fly with limited adjustability
OR you could buy the Kicker again since you know it well
good luck!

MiniDSP now comes with a remote, too. Not a lot of functions on the remote, but it does have a volume knob, and the ability to choose from 4 different tunes "on the fly". ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20151130_160811408.jpg
    IMG_20151130_160811408.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 45

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Similar to the Front Row for front seat adjustment, makes adjusting much easier nowadays from the front seat :)
The days of listen, run to back make adjustment, back up front is over.
lled-my-kicker-front-row-dsp-today-20141004_162150.jpg

Last edited:

jlchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
adding in equipment really shouldn't fix a hiss.

I agree. But this is the first time i've ever kept a factory head unit. The audio shop is a signature JL shop. They tried talk me out of it, and I wouldn't budge.

They told me that there are several other units that did the same, and some were worse.

When I remove the input the hiss goes away.

I'm going to give it a shot. I have 60 days to return it if it doesn't work.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hiss is almost always an install error. JL Certified doesn't necessarily mean they are grade A installers. One of the guys could of been having an off day, or the new guy worked on your truck.

Worst scenario: buy an amp with lots of head room.

jlchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
Hiss is almost always an install error. JL Certified doesn't necessarily mean they are grade A installers. One of the guys could of been having an off day, or the new guy worked on your truck.

Worst scenario: buy an amp with lots of head room.

I agree, but I retraced every wire today, and whipped out my multimeter to make sure the amp was tuned properly to the input signal it is getting from my 8.4.

The ground is solid and the power cable is run separately from all audio cables.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree, but I retraced every wire today, and whipped out my multimeter to make sure the amp was tuned properly to the input signal it is getting from my 8.4.

The ground is solid and the power cable is run separately from all audio cables.

Power and RCAs usually causes a whine not a hiss. In the other thread you mentioned they did speaker lines to RCAs... is this straight to the amp and then the amp converts the high signal to low signal? If this is the case, a LOC with adjustable gain would probably be very helpful here.

jlchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
Power and RCAs usually causes a whine not a hiss. In the other thread you mentioned they did speaker lines to RCAs... is this straight to the amp and then the amp converts the high signal to low signal? If this is the case, a LOC with adjustable gain would probably be very helpful here.

That is exactly what they did. I installed the FiX-82 yesterday and it resolved all of my problems. After calibration the Hiss is gone. Mabye 5% there. I have to put my ear next to the speakers to hear it now. When I bypass the DSP on the FiX 82 it comes back in.