New 2016 Dodge Rebel..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uncle guido

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well, Just bought a new 2016 Dodge Rebel, Nice truck, like it but I have a question for y'all, it has the upgraded radio with camera but they said that it would cost me $600 bucks to add GPS on it.. I was told its just a 'chip' that they install somewhere... Does anyone know of this and is there a cheaper 'chip' available on line that can work ???
Overall its a good truck,

Appreciate any response please..

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
From what I have seen it's not even a chip...just a code to activate it

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Grats on new truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
its just a code, then its downloaded by satellite i beleive

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The radio already has the map files on it, its simply just "unlocking" the nav function. One route you can take is trade your unit into us for a credit towards a RA4 (factory nav) and also pick up XM Traffic, Travel Link, 3D maps | landmarks and HD radio with the upgrade.

You can submit your info here and our purchasing department will get back to you with pricing if youre interested.

norton333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's a code, go to factoryradioparts.com, $385 they will email you the code after you give them your systems code(the website will show you how to get it)After they send your code it take two mins. to add.I added mine to my 2016 sport and really like it.Last time I checked their website was under const. so you may have to wait, but much cheaper than dealership.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As i have said before if mine didnt come with nav i wouldnt bother the maps get out dated way too fast then you have to fork over another 150-200 just to get updated maps. I personally would use a phone where its updated automatically

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
As i have said before if mine didnt come with nav i wouldnt bother the maps get out dated way too fast then you have to fork over another 150-200 just to get updated maps. I personally would use a phone where its updated automatically

Agreed. I have the nav, never use it. Phone is so much more convenient.