New Audio Upgrades from Kicker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
On my past 3 trucks, I have always replaced the door speakers, but it has been years now since I have actually added a sub under the back seat. The main reason why is because I did not want to give up the storage space under there. On my 2011, I have the factory Alpine stereo which obviously limits us on what we can do as far as aftermarket parts are concerned. I also don't like that the factory sub is under the passenger side back seat where the largest storage compartment is located.

After doing lots of research over the past few weeks and speaking to a few of the audio experts here, I decided to go with the Kicker Soundgate SRAMCQ09 sub system. I could not be more impressed with this setup. The wiring harness is completely plug-n-play, the amp is compact and mounts onto an existing bracket under the driver's seat where it is out of the way, and the sub box is behind the driver's seat now which leaves the larger compartment under the passenger side of the rear seat free for storage. Every mounting bracket lined up exactly as it should, which made for a very simple, and very clean install.

While I was there, I went ahead and upgraded the dash speakers to the Kicker KS35's...again, a simple 5 minute plug-n-play install.

The Kicker 10" sub absolutely blows away the factory Alpine sub. I am more of a Country and Rock kind of guy, and this sub is perfect for that. The bass is clean and fast, but it will shake your chest if you turn it up while listening to any kind of Pop or Rap music. In my opinion, it is the perfect all around sub if you like to listen to a little of everything.

All in all, I am 100% happy with this kit. I wanted clean, simple, and effective, and this setup did all of the above. I didn't take many pics during the install because it only took about 30 minutes, but here are a few to hold you guys over...

14_zpsa3b20d53.jpg
audio4_zps4fa92c18.jpg
audio2_zps31a60094.jpg
audio3_zps43977407.jpg
audio5_zpsbe0df742.jpg

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice, first time I've seen one of those installed and damn its clean.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Looks awesome, glad you like the overall performance. Nice to see a 30 minute install, makes them literally plug- and play :)

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Thanks. I have to admit that I am more than impressed with this setup. I used to be very big into car audio, and I remember the days of having multiple big amps on the back wall or under the seats and a birds nest of wires all over the place (power, ground, rca cables, speaker wires, remote wire, line out converter, etc...). The wiring harness that comes with this kit has a power, ground, 2 taps that tie into the factory wiring on the Alpine amp, and then 2 plugs (1 for the amp and 1 for the sub). You do not have to run a line out converter, no rca cables, no remote wire to the amp, no extra speaker wires to the sub...it is all taken care of in the wire harness included. It also comes with detailed instructions and pictures to make it even easier. It is by far the easiest and cleanest setup I have ever used or even seen for that matter. Kicker did a great job on this one.

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Looks awesome, glad you like the overall performance. Nice to see a 30 minute install, makes them literally plug- and play :)

Thanks again for your help with this. I am 100% satisfied with this setup.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
You bet, I will be sure and let our OEM guys know. They are the designers, and make the detailed pics and installation notes. They will be happy to hear a great report and feedback!

Mr.Asmith9

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
Engine
6.4L V8 Hemi
Outstanding Hemi450hp! A few questions though, about how much did it cost you, and would that amp fit under the newer heated/cooled seats.

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
This setup is $699 from Crutchfield. You can check it out at the link below...

Soundgate™ SubStage™ SRAMCQ09 by Kicker Custom-fit powered subwoofer for 2009-up Dodge Ram Crew and Quad Cab at Crutchfield.com

The amp is very compact, but my truck does not have the heated/cooled seats. I had plenty of clearance on my truck, but I cant confirm if it will fit with the heated/cooled seats. The amp is only about the size of your hand, so I'm assuming that it would fit fine. You may give Kicker a shout to see if they have test fit this.

Mr.Asmith9

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
Engine
6.4L V8 Hemi
Thanks Hemi420hp. I appreciate the quick response. $699 is a pretty penny, do you think it was worth that much to swap out of the original alpine system? I personally am a kickers fan myself. My old GMC Sierra had four 10" Kicker C10s under the back seat.

As a complete side note do you think there is anyway to remove the alpine audio badge from the dash and replace it with something that says kicker? =P

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Thanks Hemi420hp. I appreciate the quick response. $699 is a pretty penny, do you think it was worth that much to swap out of the original alpine system? I personally am a kickers fan myself. My old GMC Sierra had four 10" Kicker C10s under the back seat.

As a complete side note do you think there is anyway to remove the alpine audio badge from the dash and replace it with something that says kicker? =P

When you look at what you are actually getting, it is absolutely worth the $699 to me. When you have time, do a search for what it would cost for a Line Out Converter, Amp Wiring kit with RCA cables, formed fiberglass box, amp, and sub. These parts add up fast, and then you have the added mess of installing everything and making it look clean. This kit has it all ready to go and is plug-n-play, so it was definitely worth it to me.

And I didn't even think about removing the Alpine logo from the dash. I guess you could always buy a new dash speaker cover from a truck that does not have the Alpine system as it will not have the logo on there.

HKkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Makes for a clean install man!!! Looks great!!!

Mr.Asmith9

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
Engine
6.4L V8 Hemi
Right off the top of my head the local Car Audio charges around 800 for custom boxes then add subs and amp and everything else you spoke of and yea... well over 1,000. I guess in that aspect it would be well worth the price. But I guess my question was more along the lines of performance. Was the difference in strictly performance worth the price?

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
The factory Alpine sub does not even qualify as a sub in my opinion. I went into this just expecting a small upgrade over the Alpine, but it was a complete transformation. With the Alpine sub, you would have to turn on Rap style music with the bass set to 9 and the volume way up to actually hear the factory sub thump. With this sub, even low volumes and country music give a noticeable thump. It is much louder than I was expecting...in a good way.

Mr.Asmith9

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
Engine
6.4L V8 Hemi
Good, coming from my four 10s I'm going to want a little more thump then what I have. Thanks for the post and all the info!

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
man, thats great dude

delunad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
do you know if this is the same on a 2013 Express without the alpine system

Mr.Asmith9

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
Engine
6.4L V8 Hemi
do you know if this is the same on a 2013 Express without the alpine system

The link that was provided above should tell you for sure. From what I gathered while there as long as you have a crew or quad cab it'll fit. But check the website to be sure.

Talon_66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This setup is $699 from Crutchfield. You can check it out at the link below...

Soundgate™ SubStage™ SRAMCQ09 by Kicker Custom-fit powered subwoofer for 2009-up Dodge Ram Crew and Quad Cab at Crutchfield.com

The amp is very compact, but my truck does not have the heated/cooled seats. I had plenty of clearance on my truck, but I cant confirm if it will fit with the heated/cooled seats. The amp is only about the size of your hand, so I'm assuming that it would fit fine. You may give Kicker a shout to see if they have test fit this.

This is what shies me away from this set up is the price tag. I could make a nice set up for that price.

Yo Nadz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Matt, did you have the stock alpine "sub" prior to doing this installation?? Did you just disconnect and remove it?