New double din harness confusion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spud2388

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
So I'm planning on upgrading my 3.0 to a Kenwood ddx-774bh in the next couple weeks and am completely confused on what wiring harness I need. My factory doesn't have steering wheel controls, nav, bluetooth, etc but does have siriusxm. All I want to do is be able to retain the factory usb in the console, use the bluetooth from the kenwood, retain sirius xm (I know I'll need a separate tuner), and use the aftermarket backup camera I have installed (easy plug and play). What harness/harnesses do I need?

Obviously the dash kit Metra-95-6518B

Antenna adaptor Metra 40-eu55

From there, I'm lost. One brand better than the other? Metra or Access? I wouldn't mind installing steering wheel controls eventually but I know that's a separate module correct? and can added later?

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Metra and axxess are the same company. In order to keep the console usb you have to get a pc board to replace the factory one. Someone found it about 6 months to a year ago in here.

DT440

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used the iDatalink ACC-USB-RAM USB Port Cable that I got from Crutchfield for the usb/aux port when I put my double din in.

A05GSHO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I just put in the same unit a couple months ago, heres what you need. I hope you can zoom in enough to see. The speakers did'nt fit so I ended up with some 3 way Pioneers, which are actually better than the Kenwoods I selected.

Attachments

• 100_2334.jpg
    100_2334.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
OP
OP
Spud2388

Spud2388

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
I just put in the same unit a couple months ago, heres what you need. I hope you can zoom in enough to see. The speakers did'nt fit so I ended up with some 3 way Pioneers, which are actually better than the Kenwoods I selected.

Awesome. I can tell what everything is except the pink bags on the bottom left. I'm running a set of PPI 3-ways right now with a Type S ten under the rear seat. I like it but hopefully with this new HU I will have some more adjustability. Thinking about running it semi-active down the road but we will see. I'm not new to car audio by any means but a lot has changed since installing a deck in my last 99 Grand Cherokee. Everything is integrated now and the prices for the harnesses reflect that for sure. Just didn't want to buy something I didn't really need.

On a side note, how do you like the Kenwood so far? I see you don't have a Sirius tuner correct?

A05GSHO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Awesome. I can tell what everything is except the pink bags on the bottom left. I'm running a set of PPI 3-ways right now with a Type S ten under the rear seat. I like it but hopefully with this new HU I will have some more adjustability. Thinking about running it semi-active down the road but we will see. I'm not new to car audio by any means but a lot has changed since installing a deck in my last 99 Grand Cherokee. Everything is integrated now and the prices for the harnesses reflect that for sure. Just didn't want to buy something I didn't really need.

On a side note, how do you like the Kenwood so far? I see you don't have a Sirius tuner correct?

Pink bags are the speaker harnesses. I didn't do the Sirius simply because I have no plans to subscribe to it.

I love it so far. FAR FAR better than the stock Uconnect 3.0 POS that was in it. The mirrors actually shake when I crank it up LOL. I did have trouble with the right front door speaker and Best Buy, who installed it all, replaced it at no cost.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf