New Head Unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markusaf81

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Basically I have a Ram 1500 Express. That means I have a very standard radio. I do not have steering wheel controls or anything. I would like to upgrade my head unit. I would like Navigation, Run my phones Pandora through the head unit (bluetooth), and bluetooth so I can use other apps to play music.

Anyone have any good suggestions that dont require a ridiculous amount of modding to the truck. Hoping to just unplug the old one, plug the new one in with a harness, and put it all back together.

Dodge This

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Not sure if you have any controls built in to your head unit, but if not, then you could probably just go get any double din aftermarket head unit with what you want and replace the factory one without too much trouble.

I may be wrong though. I have the 8.4 Nav unit with so much stuff built in to it, that there's no way I would attempt to replace it.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Crutchfield.com if for no other reason but to check "what fits." Personally I went with a Kenwood double-din. It does all you want and more -- with iphone integration, backup camera, etc etc.

Cheers!

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
DDX9703 is a favorite around here, and of mine. Could always go with the factory 8.4 though.

OP
OP
markusaf81

markusaf81

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanks guys...yeah, my radio does nothing but radio stuff...nav would be nice and my back up camera is in my rear view camera