New Head Unit worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meziked

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all,
I'm allways plugging my phone into the head unit to listen to saved songs or having to mount my phone to some ugly car mount for navigation. Right now the dodge has a factory CD player with no Nav or way to link via bluetooth. It does have "Alpine" logos on the center front speaker, so I'm guessing its a package. Single cab 3 speakers up front, 2 in the doors and 2 behind the seats. What I would like to do is get a Android head unit.

The more I read the more confused I get. I have installed multiple head units, but nothing that requires PAC units or choked rear speakers or any of the mess Dodge has bestowed upon this poor truck.

Any advice here? My vision is a Android head unit (not just docking a tablet), all factory speakers working at full range and possible a small amp and some small subs.

In my younger days I was all about bass.. now, I still like to move some air and really feel the music, but not at the cost of gutting the electrical system.

(Beefy Ground and big 3 already done.. just because the stock wires typically suck)

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
You could easily add HU of your choice, keep factory speakers as is, and add a small subwoofer/amp for some low end. The new HU will perk up your factory speakers a bit, while the modest sub stage rounds out the low end. Kinda what my friend did on the cheap and it sounds pretty darn good. You can always add improvements from there, say....components up front/amped etc..