Newb question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhereZat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got my 2017 1500 reg cab lone star last weekend. It has the 8.4. I have read all about the nav upgrade and where to get that but I do have another question regarding the voice commands. Can the 8.4 control the climate with the voice commands? Everything else ( music, phone, sat radio) I have no problems but I want to make sure it can actually control the ac with voice commands becaus, frankly, my neighbors look at me funny when I'm sitting in my driveway telling (yelling) my truck "Set temperature to 75 degrees!" One neighbor ACTUALLY pulled her kid closer to her when she walk past my house. I heard her, "Stay away from that man Jimmy."

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
On my truck I know I can say "set driver temperature to 70" and it will set it

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hold on we have this kind of technology in Ram Trucks why have none of you guys with that option make your truck respond to the name J.A.R.V.I.S. Ex:
Jarvis set the air conditioner to 70 degrees

OP
OP
W

WhereZat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's great. I drive along, hit the ve button on the wheel say "change to octane channel" and xm changes. I don't have the dual AC so I'm not sure if that is why I cannot control the climate with voice commands or whether I need the 8.4N unit or I am just saying the wrong command,

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
id be happy if i had the uconnect system in my truck :word: