No Boom Boom :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With two dual 4 Ohm subs your final load will most likely be 4 Ohms (could also be 1 Ohm but not many amps are happy with that). I'm running a single 12W6V3 at 2 Ohms with about 560 watts and it's very happy.

The XD1000 does 600w at 4 Ohms so you'll be underpowering the subs a bit. They should be perfectly happy although you will be pushing the amp fairly hard. The JL is not rated for 1 Ohm.

I'm using a Zapco Z-1KD on my single sub but it is also rated at 1000w on a 1 Ohm load.

Take a look at the Net Audio boxes. The build quality is excellent. You definitely get what you pay for.
https://www.netaudiowf.com/product/2009-2017-dodge-ram-crew-cab-sub-box-dual-tall/

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With two dual 4 Ohm subs your final load will most likely be 4 Ohms (could also be 1 Ohm but not many amps are happy with that). I'm running a single 12W6V3 at 2 Ohms with about 560 watts and it's very happy.

The XD1000 does 600w at 4 Ohms so you'll be underpowering the subs a bit. They should be perfectly happy although you will be pushing the amp fairly hard. The JL is not rated for 1 Ohm.

I'm using a Zapco Z-1KD on my single sub but it is also rated at 1000w on a 1 Ohm load.

Take a look at the Net Audio boxes. The build quality is excellent. You definitely get what you pay for.
https://www.netaudiowf.com/product/2009-2017-dodge-ram-crew-cab-sub-box-dual-tall/

Thank ya sir!

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I wish I would have seen that box before I ordered the foxbox and bought the w6's... I woulda gone with w7's :(

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish I would have seen that box before I ordered the foxbox and bought the w6's... I woulda gone with w7's :(

I can't speak to the Fox box but two W7s would be serious overkill in a Ram. Now a single W7, that could kick ass nicely.

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can't speak to the Fox box but two W7s would be serious overkill in a Ram. Now a single W7, that could kick ass nicely.

Hahaha, you say overkill, I say more please. Regardless, I see they have single tall boxes too. I think I'll be happy with my setup. Can't imagine one w7 outhitting two w6's. Just ordered the RFG R1200-1D as the amp. Need to check out the wire gauge for my existing setup and I'll be good to go. Kinda bummed that I'm going on a fishing trip tomorrow... I wanna get this hooked up and thumpin' :). Going to have to wait until Monday night though.

Eestee70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm running a W7 12" in my truck and that thing beats....two W7's and you would need to tighten up loosened bolts everyday :roflsquared:

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hahaha, you say overkill, I say more please. Regardless, I see they have single tall boxes too. I think I'll be happy with my setup. Can't imagine one w7 outhitting two w6's. Just ordered the RFG R1200-1D as the amp. Need to check out the wire gauge for my existing setup and I'll be good to go. Kinda bummed that I'm going on a fishing trip tomorrow... I wanna get this hooked up and thumpin' :). Going to have to wait until Monday night though.

That Rockford amp has nothing but good reviews on Crutchfield. Let us know how you like it.

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm running a W7 12" in my truck and that thing beats....two W7's and you would need to tighten up loosened bolts everyday :roflsquared:

Haha, I hear ya, going with 10's as well since I was first attempting to get away with one in the stealthbox I had.

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That Rockford amp has nothing but good reviews on Crutchfield. Let us know how you like it.

Will do, figured that was a good price for what I needed from a reputable brand.

Eestee70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Pose some pics once you get everything installed

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone have any idea what gauge wire a stinger power wire is @.23 inches including the coating? Not sure if I have 8 gauage or 4 gauge in there now and will need 4 gauge with my new setup.

Eestee70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
That would be 8 gauge. if 8 is what you're running now, I would highly recommend moving to 0 as this would prevent you from having to run new wiring if you upgrade in the future

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That would be 8 gauge. if 8 is what you're running now, I would highly recommend moving to 0 as this would prevent you from having to run new wiring if you upgrade in the future

Thanks for the info. I was going to run 0, but after looking at the amp specs, 4 gauge seems to be biggest it'll take.

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks like the stinger 4 awg 6000 series handles 1750 watts, which should be sufficient for two w7's if I so chose in the future.

Eestee70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Use 0 going into a distribution block and use 4 out to your amp. This will also give you wiggle room to and another amp if you want. It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Use 0 going into a distribution block and use 4 out to your amp. This will also give you wiggle room to and another amp if you want. It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Not a bad thought... So, not really 100% familiar with the lc2i that I have now. Plan on replacing with the packaging amp pro. So the vehicle let has upgraded dash speakers, not sure if door speakers are upgraded. Does the lc2i also act as an amp for speakers? Thought I read something about 400w... Just wondering if I'm going to need to run another amp for the speakers. I'm thinking not. The speaker quality is sufficient in my mind, just looking to shake my colon a bit.

Eestee70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The LC2i is referring to the max input wattage not output. Don't know what speakers you're running now, or what type of system you're trying to build. If big bass is all you want then stay in that lane. BUT!!!!! If sound quality is what your after. Your ears will become fatigued and you will definitely be searching for some speakers to compliment those subs.

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I feel like a trip to an actual audio shop would help you out a lot. Talk to some of the pros see what they recommend. Sounds like you're kinda winging it with your system. A five channel amp can run your doors and your sub as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the info fellas. Not a total noob and not going to shop around at an audio store, but I understand the recommendation. I actually know a bit more than I probably let on, just been about 15 years since I've done a mobile application and my knowledge is rusty plus an increase in technology that I'm not familiar with. Plus I am honestly winging it... I have a bad habit of scope creeping and never knowing when to stop... I should have really just replaced the w3v3 and tuned the lc2i appropriately, but the itch has completely consumed me and I'm impulse building/buying uncontrollably here lol.

Currently, It's a complete JL system. The quality of the door speakers compared to the dash speakers makes me believe that the door speakers are upgraded as well. I'm really not into super loud speakers anymore ( I've had tinnitus for the past 15 years due to previous systems), but looking more that brain rattle bass when the mood strikes and to shownoff to friends.

If you're wondering, my HT system is a Bic pl 5.2 setup complimented with a svs pb-2000. Also got the Epson 5030ub throwing onto an elite screen aeon already 120". :D