No CD player

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shanes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
We just bought a 2013 ram Laramie longhorn and there isn't a CD player. Can a factory CD still be installed?

blk00rt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We just bought a 2013 ram Laramie longhorn and there isn't a CD player. Can a factory CD still be installed?

The CD player is an option from the factory on these trucks. Mine is in the bottom glovebox in the center of the 2 front bucket seats.

Coop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A less expensive option would be to buy a 64 GB SD card or USB key, and rip your CD's to it. Pop it into your center console, and you're good to go. You'll fit at least 2500 CDs in 64GB.

I just have a subscription to Google Music All-Access. All the songs I want available pretty much anywhere I am.

JohnnyDollar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
As mentiuoned above, I think the CD is remote.
If I bought a Laramie Longhorn package and it did not have a CD player, I would be having a talk with the person that sold it to me.
(out back)

thrashie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Laramie
Engine
6.7l cummins turbo diesel
my Laramie didn't come with a cd player either...but meh, I have a 64gb stick with more than enough music on it.

Soar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
CD's are dead technology. The amount of music you can get on a thumb drive has pretty much killed it.

KCTHUNDER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CUMMINS
I have a thumbdrive and hate it. Is there one i can buy that i can search thru by artist , song, etc..?? I have to scroll thru in alphabetical order thru each artist and each of the songs in order.. example it takes FOREVER to get from alan jackson to merle haggard. So is there a drive that works with the trucks menu buttons??

earlzach

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I absolutly demanded my truck have a CD player or NO SALE!! After two days I havent touched the cd player. I loaded an SD card with about 800 songs and I havent looked back. I agree with the list starting in alphabetical order sucking. But once I start it I select shuffle and Im happy.

I also cant believe a Long Horn package left this simple option out.
My Big horn has it as mentioned in the lower section of the center console. If you have the 6 passenger truck if you have the 5 passenger then its in the upper section of the ceter console. Either way Mine is never used and I HAD TO HAVE IT!!!.

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
I didn't realize I had a CD player till I found it under that middle seat storage in the front bench seat. Also if you put in a thumb drive and it is recognized in the memory you can use the voice activated stuff and say play AWOLNATION.