No CD player ??? What ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I had to get used to it, now its Bluetooth or XM or me.

OP
OP
Mickinohio

Mickinohio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Well , been a few months for me sans CD player and I have to say I'm not missing it a lot . Putting four small grandkids in the truck most days I'm stuck listening to Kidzbop channels. Sigh.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
grandkids will drag you kicking and screaming into the 21st century!!!

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm old school too and still like listening to a new CD on the way home from the store. After I bought my truck I actually picked a CD up to put it into the player and couldn't believe I couldn't find one. I've been looking on ebay and there's a plug and play unit with NAV blue tooth and a cd player for around $400. Not cheap but by the time you buy a cheaper CD player and have it installed so it looks factory, it'll probably cost close to tat aanyway.

and what might the name of this device be please and thank you:favorites13:

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well , been a few months for me sans CD player and I have to say I'm not missing it a lot . Putting four small grandkids in the truck most days I'm stuck listening to Kidzbop channels. Sigh.

Wait a second, if your computer is broken and you don't have a cell phone, how are you posting on here?

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Here's what I had to do with all my CDs
- load them into my hard drive
- upload them to Google drive
- download them to my smart phone.
- use blue tooth to play them in my truck.

You may be able to find a Sony Diskman and use the audio jack to play them in your truck.
My ram and town and country have ports for the music. Truck has the thumb drive and sd card. Van has the thumb drive only. I just got through converting my old cassettes ( a few hundred) to digital and put them on the thumb drive, downloaded to the hard drive on the van and use an sd card in the truck. Worked well. You young whipper snappers probably don't know what a cassette is. I also use a flip phone.

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I noticed the same thing in my Rebel, But after I plugged in the SD card with over 500 songs on it that I was using in the Challenger, I found out that I did not need or want a cd player at all.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2012 and I'm still trying to figure out how to play my collection of these!

Lol.....an 8 track. Next we will be talking about reel to reels. I'm still trying to figure out how to fit this in my 2016 Rebel....

Attachments

• 3.0.jpg
    3.0.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 30

ADUBIS

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Try getting a record player to work without skipping while you drive down the road. Good vinyl still sounds better than any music format since in my opinion.

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
You can buy the OEM CD player, but isn't cheap, see them on ebay and mopar parts sites, but are like $400.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I miss the DVD player for when I'm in my truck waiting for ferries or on stand by at a worksite. Mobile Internet is ridiculously expensive in canada and I only have mobile Internet 90% of the time since I live in a rural area and work in the middle of nowhere. We put up combo cel/light towers to get phone reception at work sites. I just read now instead. Cd player I don't need. Better just plugging in a USB stick, but I wish I could still plug it in in the upper glovebox. Always seem to break them in the centre console between change trays sliding around and rummaging through books and paperwork in there.

et todd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
check the for sale section may have something that interest you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01