No highs in front 6x9s???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The front door speakers are 4 ohm. The corner dash speakers are 2, and the center 4. Those are nominal specs. They measure 2.x, and 3.x. I replaced my corner dash speakers with 4 ohm -- hoping it wouldn't be so bright up there. It didn't help. There's still way too much sound coming from the dash. I plan to eliminate the corner dash speakers, and install components in the doors -- powered off aftermarket amp. That better help, or I give up.

OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
The front door speakers are 4 ohm. The corner dash speakers are 2, and the center 4. Those are nominal specs. They measure 2.x, and 3.x. I replaced my corner dash speakers with 4 ohm -- hoping it wouldn't be so bright up there. It didn't help. There's still way too much sound coming from the dash. I plan to eliminate the corner dash speakers, and install components in the doors -- powered off aftermarket amp. That better help, or I give up.

See to me. It doesn't sound bad, but yeah there is a lot of highs coming from the dash. I have components in both my other cars with the tweeters in the door panel. I guess Im just not used to all the highs coming from the dash.

To me putting components in the door with the tweeter being so wont sound that loud. Moving the tweeter up to that little plastic cover that you pop to take the door panels off is where it should be IMO.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye