No overlay on Parkview image

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saxtonram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello
I just purchased a 2011 Ram 1500 Crew Sport. Love the truck, but am still learning how to use all its features.

Notably, I have Parkview which is a great help when I reverse with my boat. The manual shows an overlay that represents the width of the truck. It is color coded to show distance to the truck (red, yellow, green). But i do NOT have that overlay on my actual camera image. Why not? How do I turn on that overlay? I just phoned UConnect and they had no idea. Help ...

Saxtonram

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is it a OEM camera or an aftermarket one??? I know the aftermarket ones usually have a white wire up by the camera that you cut if you don't want the grid lines.

I googled it and from what I read only 2011 jeeps had grid lines, ram trucks didn't. Does your truck have rear sensors that beep when you back up????

Link: http://www.ramforumz.com/archive/index.php/t-96481.html

Last edited:

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not sure on the 2011 , my 14 is in the radio

My dad has an 11 , I seem to remember most of his settings being accessed on his sterringwheel buttons .

OP
OP
S

Saxtonram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is it a OEM camera or an aftermarket one??? I know the aftermarket ones usually have a white wire up by the camera that you cut if you don't want the grid lines.

I googled it and from what I read only 2011 jeeps had grid lines, ram trucks didn't. Does your truck have rear sensors that beep when you back up????

Link: http://www.ramforumz.com/archive/index.php/t-96481.html

Thanks Stimpy433

It is the original OEM backup camera system. It does have the Parksense beeping when objects are detected. Very odd that Jeeps had the grid lines, but not the Rams.

OP
OP
S

Saxtonram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure on the 2011 , my 14 is in the radio

My dad has an 11 , I seem to remember most of his settings being accessed on his sterringwheel buttons .

The buttons only let me turn the rear view camera on or off.

Ramzaq

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 CC 4X4 3.55 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There was a change in the cameras some where between 2011 and 2012 were the guide lines were included, earlier versions didn't have it.

When I upgraded my 2009 with the camera I did it around this time frame and purchased the updated camera so my rig has the guide lines.

OP
OP
S

Saxtonram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Interesting. So the lines are in the camera itself? Do you know anything about which model version of camera has the lines?

dRAMbuie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
There was a change in the cameras some where between 2011 and 2012 were the guide lines were included, earlier versions didn't have it.

When I upgraded my 2009 with the camera I did it around this time frame and purchased the updated camera so my rig has the guide lines.

This.
The earlier versions did not have grid lines on the display. It was actually like that on a lot of vehicles when back-up cameras were first gaining prominence.

dRAMbuie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Interesting. So the lines are in the camera itself? Do you know anything about which model version of camera has the lines?

I could be mistaken, but I believe it was the 2012 and newer models.
"In the camera" meaning it's a programming feature that I assume isn't compatible with the older cameras.

Another thing to keep in mind is that there are also grid lines on newer model vehicles that turn with the steering wheel.
If you were hoping to have those as well, you may be out of luck. I'm not sure how that would work on an older model truck.

OP
OP
S

Saxtonram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Weird thing is the Gridlines are explained in the vehicle user manual for 2011.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am3334