No Sound From Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamRod13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As the title says, I have no sound coming from my speakers. Tried switching from AM/FM/Bluetooth with no luck. This is the factory 8.4 system in a 2013. Everything else seems to be working fine.

Other than turning the truck on and off, I haven't tried anything else since I was on my way to work. Any thoughts on what to check or try? And no, it's not on mute.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have front parking sensors? If they are triggered it will pull the audio down, turn them off to see if it changes.

I assume you have gone into the audio section and made sure they werent faded all the way back?

OP
OP
R

RamRod13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
have you tried to do a reset on the unit?

I'm guessing you are referring to the reset where you hold down the phone and voice recognition buttons, open and close the door, etc.? No, not yet but planned to try that tonight when I got home.

OP
OP
R

RamRod13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you have front parking sensors? If they are triggered it will pull the audio down, turn them off to see if it changes.

I assume you have gone into the audio section and made sure they werent faded all the way back?

No front sensors. Looks like all of the settings are where they were previously.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
alpine or non alpine?

If non most factory radios are made to shut off sound if there is a speaker that is either bad or shorting so it doesnt ruin the internal amp.

OP
OP
R

RamRod13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Update: I did a reboot of the Uconnect software which didn’t solve the problem. I then pulled the fuses for the amp and the Bluetooth system. That has resolved the issue. Both fuses were good and seemed to be tight before I removed them, so I don’t know what the true issue was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk