No uconnect?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jagr200

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought a 2013 1500 Sport. Obviously loaded. Navi Sunroof heated and cooled etc. Just no heated rear seats. My radio doesn't have a uconnect or apps button on the touch screen. Is that something that was added in later? This truck came out of Canada. I did one update 2 days ago. Went back on and checked and there is another update that just came out on 4-20-16 for a "siri" update.

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I just bought a 2013 1500 Sport. Obviously loaded. Navi Sunroof heated and cooled etc. Just no heated rear seats. My radio doesn't have a uconnect or apps button on the touch screen. Is that something that was added in later? This truck came out of Canada. I did one update 2 days ago. Went back on and checked and there is another update that just came out on 4-20-16 for a "siri" update.

Canadian purposed trucks do not have this option. Not set up for it from the factory. No antenna nor mirror switches installed. I don't know if it could be added but I have no use for it. The truck uses my android phone for everything well and no additional cost of u-connect.

OP
OP
J

jagr200

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for that info. What "mirror switches" are you talking about?

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Thanks for that info. What "mirror switches" are you talking about?

On the US trucks there are switches on the rear view mirror for 911 and to connect directly to U-connect. The canadian trucks don't have them. Also, I do have an antenna that is flat and connects to Sirius radio. It doesn't have the sharkfin that, I would suspect is for U-connect.