Is the OEM "Alpine" R/T system amplified?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
I'm looking into interfaces between the head unit and my Mosconi 6to8 processor...the ones I see are for a stock amplified system.
If I can do plug n play that'll make wiring a lot easier. If not we'll have to isolate the speaker wires and solder RCA's to them for an input signal.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it's a factory Alpine system, it has an amp. It will not have RCAs.

OP
OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
Adding RCA's to speaker wires for a high level input is easy...using the plug n play PAC adapter is easier. lol
Thanks

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recognize you know your stuff, but make sure the Mosconi can handle that kind of input!

I used an old (home)stereo receiver to power the bass shakers in my couch, and put RCAs on speaker level outputs from my main amp for signal. It lasted 3 months before almost 7V of signal fried it, but HOLY GOD while it worked!:ryu-cvs-hadoken-a:

OP
OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
The 6to8 DSP is made specifically for installs like this. You switch between high and low level input via the same RCA inputs.