Oem backup camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big john 02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok guys looking into installing the mopar backup cam into my truck, I allready have the 8.4 conversion done and also have had the codes allready added to the truck, my question is has anyone done this and will it be straight plug and play or is there other things that I need to do. Pics greatly appreciated as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
There's a huge thread on this, with everything you need. Seems some guys get lucky and their truck is prewired some guys have to install the whole kit.

OP
OP
B

big john 02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did come across a write up but none of the pics would load. I will be adding the whole kit so hopefully it's smooth going

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Ok guys looking into installing the mopar backup cam into my truck, I allready have the 8.4 conversion done and also have had the codes allready added to the truck, my question is has anyone done this and will it be straight plug and play or is there other things that I need to do. Pics greatly appreciated as well

Also check out You Tube there are several videos on the install.. I had mine done by my dealer, 525$ Camera kit, run the harness, flash the unit ! No fuss no muss :) But some dealers charge a ton more, but doesn't hurt to ask.. You also have to tap into a wire from the steering wheel so the guide lines will move with the steering wheel.. For me paying someone to install it was better for me lol

rmdrv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
i've just done camera installation using navtool from www.navtool.com

their kit is plug and play no trip to a dealer and if you have few extra dollars you can get apple carplay

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
376steve