OEM Keyless Entry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NoobRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know theres a ton of threads on here about this subject, but i have a 2011 ram 1500 st without keyless entry. ive been trying to find the remote start kit in order to get. the problem that im running into is that it was discontinued last year. i want to know if anyone has one or knows anyone who has one that they are willing to sell. thanks in advance

RR7_905RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Call your local dealership(s) and see if anyone has them in stock.

If they do have one and it's discontinued they may make you and offer you can't refuse to blow it off their shelf.

Some manufactures dealers can see each others inventories so they may be able to direct you to a dealer that has one.

OP
OP
N

NoobRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i called a dealership today and they said no one in the nation has one. do you know if a 2013 kit would work?

RR7_905RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok well scratch that idea.

The only way I would guarantee you a 13 would work is if it's the same part#

OP
OP
N

NoobRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I keep getting mixed answers. I have a couple sites telling me they fit all the way back to 2010. But then others say it absolutely will not work. I'm almost tempted to buy and try out then post the results on here for others.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So you have no factory remote?

do you have power locks?

i would look into the dball kit and a remote kit. you will get much better range out of it than a factory unit. its also 99% plug and play.

bootlegfab

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500 Tradesman
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I really really wanted to stick with OEM but the install and having to tow it to the dealer to have it flashed just made it not worth it to me. I went with the DBALL2 kit and it was a 30 minute install. You push the lock button x3 and she fires up. The ability to use the OEM fob and not have a second fob hanging off my key chain along with the ease of install made it worth it to me. Plus its only $90-175 depending on your model year.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really really wanted to stick with OEM but the install and having to tow it to the dealer to have it flashed just made it not worth it to me. I went with the DBALL2 kit and it was a 30 minute install. You push the lock button x3 and she fires up. The ability to use the OEM fob and not have a second fob hanging off my key chain along with the ease of install made it worth it to me. Plus its only $90-175 depending on your model year.

the only difference is he doesnt have an OEM fob so he would need the remote kit also. still will be much happier with the remote kit than the factory add-on kit. the range will be 3-4x as far as it would with a factory fob