OEM Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huichex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good morning boys and girls, I am new to this site, and to the Ram world. I just purchased a 2014 Ram 1500 Sport about a month ago, and I would like to add the factory remote start. I have found a ton of info on this topic, but none that fits my setup.

The truck has the "keyless n go" option. I have seen pictures of the key fob with the remote start button that look like my key fob, but I have one dealer quoting me a price on the setup and one dealer telling me that it can not be done with OEM parts on a "keyless n go" truck. Also, I attempted to google for the part number for the kit, with no luck.

Does anyone have any info on this? I really everyones help.
Thank you in advance.
Luis

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was told this at my dealer for it to work or not work. So looks like Keyless go won't work with the oem kit.

"Must have Keyless (GXM) and Immobilizer (GXX). Must not have Keyless Go (GX4), Proximity Keyless (GXD) or Air Suspension (SER)"

Last edited:

markyfly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My laramie limited has both keyless go and factory remote start. So clearly they are not incompatible with each other. But i dont have a clue about how to add it.

OP
OP
H

huichex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the quick replies. I knew it was available as an option, thanks for the confirmation. I hope someone can share some insight on how to add it.

Bkhsvt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
DEI makes a nice set up that is very easy to install.
all you would need is a T harness, DBALL and if you would like a smart start module.
this would allow you to start the truck with 3 lock presses.
and the smart start would allow keyless entry with starting from your phone. if you get the one with GPS it would track the truck and give you alerts in such also from the phone.
That's the way I went, and I recommend!

InspectGWS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 JEEP GC SRT8
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I have both key-less go, factory remote start, and air suspension on my 2014 RAM Sport...

OP
OP
H

huichex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for all the input, I knew it had to be possible.

Surely someone knows what part numbers I need to make this work. Where are our electronics gurus

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
If you contact the seller on eBay that sells the kits. I believe he has the smart key as one of the options for his systems.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
His eBay user name is doug43235

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

huichex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Cool thanks, I will give that a shot.

I emailed him, from what I saw the kits that he sells uses my existing fob. I didn't see any that include the fob with the remote start button like OEM which is what I am looking for. I will keep the thread updated.

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
DEI makes a nice set up that is very easy to install.
all you would need is a T harness, DBALL and if you would like a smart start module.
this would allow you to start the truck with 3 lock presses.
and the smart start would allow keyless entry with starting from your phone. if you get the one with GPS it would track the truck and give you alerts in such also from the phone.
That's the way I went, and I recommend!

Have you seen this?

Directed Voluntarily Issued a Recall in the U.S. and Canada for Certain Remote Start/Interface Products Installed in Vehicles Having Push to Start Ignition Systems
Vista, Calif. – (July 24, 2014) – Directed today announced a voluntary recall of select Directed Remote Start/Interface Systems that have been installed on vehicles having Push to Start ignitions manufactured between 2008 and 2015. The recall only affects products installed on vehicles having Push to Start ignitions. Products installed on vehicles having an ignition system requiring a key are not affected.

Directed - Directed Voluntarily Issued a Recall in the U.S. and Canada for Certain Remote Start/Interface Products Installed in Vehicles Having Push to Start Ignition Systems

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have both key-less go, factory remote start, and air suspension on my 2014 RAM Sport...

Did it come from the factory? I am told that it will not work with those items if trying to installing the oem kit on a truck that didn't have it.....must be something missing if the unit isn't installed at build time?

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
to be honest i dont think you will be able to use the factory one. it goes through the bcm. this means you would need to get chrysler engineers involved since above the dealers level of adding sales codes. i would also recommend using the dball and the t-harness or the idatalink and their t-harness.

OP
OP
H

huichex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OK, based on the replies from here and some digging at the dealership, It has been confirmed. The factory remote start cannot be installed after the fact of a truck with keyless go. So now we are changing gears, has anyone installed a dball kit or an idata kit on a truck with the keyless go? How hard is it to do? Pix or diagrams would be great. I am pretty handy, but don't want to bite off more than I can chew.
Thanks again guys!

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the dball is a great solution since it also has a t-harness. its not 100% plug and play but close.

you can also use the idatalink module. both will be a remote start. only downfall is the idata module they dont have a t-harness, but their manual is detailed very well and gives you colors/pin locations of all the wires needed.

that re-call above that was posted for the dball just requires it to be at the latest software version. if sure if you buy the package fro the guy on ebay (i believe his name s doug) he can update it for you if you ask.

wickedwhite2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm also looking into putting one of theses kits on my truck. I'm just lost once I get to their site. Don't know what I need to get to make it work with factory key. Some one help me out