OEM subsonic filter.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Masterglitch97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone ever tried to bypass the oem subsonic filter. On the 2016 dodge rams with the 3.0 I connect. Or even better. Know where I can pull the sub channel from. FYI. My truck doesn't have the alpine system so no stuck sub. Just hoping maybe the wiring is till behind the dash

naumaa1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know my front door speakers were full range, non-alpine system. Hope that helps

OP
OP
M

Masterglitch97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm using an lc7i to take input from the front and rear channels. However. After about 35/38hz. The output on the lower frequencies drops off horribly fast. By the time I hit my box tuning of 30hz or lower such as 25/23. There's no signal left and I get almost no sound. Was hoping that maybe the factory sub output would still be at the radio and I can tap into that

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
in your case for what you want to do you should look int a true DSP unit that has the ability to flatten all out then you can adjust from there.

naumaa1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went with an audison bit one and it works great for me, if you just want bass restoration you could save a few bucks and go with an audiocontrol epicenter

OP
OP
M

Masterglitch97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have experience with the epicenter. They are nothing but pure distortion to a system. I have both the dd1 and cc1 to tune my systems. Also With a DC audio 5k at .5ohms. Im not looking to clip. I will look into the Audison Bit 1 however if the stock headunit still isnt sending out the subsonic freq. How is the audison supposed to use what it doesnt have