One fog light getting no power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Litenyaup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My passenger side fog light went out so I replaced the bulb and that didn't work. Changed the ballast and that didn't work. So I got out my test light and found I have no power to the harness. Traced it back and I believe it's in the harness between the headlights behind the grill. I'll be pulling the grill of shortly and searching for any damage or any issues.

My question is has anyone had this issue before?

I do have hid's all around. Only thing I have done to my truck is I put LED's all around i.e. Interior lights, reverse light, cargo lights, and tag lights.

Thanks in advanced for any help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Litenyaup

Litenyaup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nope not behind the grill. Looks like wires either run into fuse box or toward fire wall. Anyone know or have had this issue??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Litenyaup

Litenyaup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok traced it into my fuse box. Does anyone know if the fogs are on 2 different circuits?

Last edited:

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have power to both sides at the connector before it Y's off? The connector is on the driver side in behind the bumper.

I have the same problem and have heard of these harnesses failing, just haven't had a chance to replace it yet.

OP
OP
Litenyaup

Litenyaup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have power to both sides at the connector before it Y's off? The connector is on the driver side in behind the bumper.

I have the same problem and have heard of these harnesses failing, just haven't had a chance to replace it yet.

No I traced it with no power all the way back to the fuse box. I'm assuming the problem is in the fuse box. Found a used one I'm going to install and take apart this one to see if I can figure out where the issue lies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NUTT00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the same issue on my 2013. HID's all around. No power to passenger fog light. Would love to find a fix to this, instead of creating a harness to power it from the drivers side.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
https://youtu.be/ptcqtJg189s

Maybe not your issue , not sure but eliminating a connector sometimes will fix flicker / intermittent & no power situations .
Hope this helps!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Litenyaup

Litenyaup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
https://youtu.be/ptcqtJg189s

Maybe not your issue , not sure but eliminating a connector sometimes will fix flicker / intermittent & no power situations .
Hope this helps!

I literally used my test light and traced the passenger power wire back to the fuse box, and also the tab on the fuse box which should have the power with none found the entire way.

I got a fuse box from another member here and am going to replace mine and see what that does. If it works I'll be taking mine to have it looked at why it failed.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You ever find the issue? Noticed my passenger fog was out the other day. It's a diode Dynamics led. I haven't messed with it yet.