Outside Air Temperature

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When did you notice this? I know you said it was 30 last night, but if for some reason you had this sitting in direct sunlight this morning, well, there's your answer. The ambient temp sensor is under the outside driver side mirror. Direct sunlight on that side of the truck ***** it up. Mine was at 82 today and the real outside temp was 53. Noting like jumping into a cool interior and having my cooled seats blowing cold air up my ass. After a couple minutes of driving it comes back to the actual temp outside.

I've owned plenty of vehicles in my day and never had this issue. Great engineering ram !!

Brian_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When did you notice this? I know you said it was 30 last night, but if for some reason you had this sitting in direct sunlight this morning, well, there's your answer. The ambient temp sensor is under the outside driver side mirror. Direct sunlight on that side of the truck ***** it up. Mine was at 82 today and the real outside temp was 53. Noting like jumping into a cool interior and having my cooled seats blowing cold air up my ass. After a couple minutes of driving it comes back to the actual temp outside.

I've owned plenty of vehicles in my day and never had this issue. Great engineering ram !!

Bwahaha. Sorry, but that's funny. Maybe wear some pants lol. :roflsquared:

jdomke1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My outside temp was working fine until this last weekend. I installed a cold air intake and upgraded to an 8.4an radio. I can't understand how either of these would make a difference. In the morning it's fine. After warming up its consistently 40-50 degrees to high. Even after driving around it stays at 120-130 degrees. Driving me nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk