Overhead light console rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4X4Sport

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys I have a 2014 Ram Sport and I just installed a jl w7 subwoofer. The things hits like a mad man and makes the overhead console rattle. I've narrowed it down to the homelink buttons making the most rattle. Has anyone had this issue before? Is there anything that you know of that I could do to fix this problem without doing any damage? thanks in advance

lokal907ryder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
mine overhead console rattles too but mine seems like its where the black plastic middle meets the tan trim ring. I was going to take it down and stick some dyno mat everywhere I could around the roof behind it and all around the backside of the console. just haven't got to it yet.

OP
OP

4X4Sport

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thats probably what i need to do, but I dont want to break the tabs taking it down. I know there is a certain way to do this, but I havent seen a video specific to taking it down yet. Im so weary because I had bad luck taking one down in my charger a few years ago lol.

lokal907ryder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
thats probably what i need to do, but I dont want to break the tabs taking it down. I know there is a certain way to do this, but I havent seen a video specific to taking it down yet. Im so weary because I had bad luck taking one down in my charger a few years ago lol.

ive seen a video before on youtube ill see if I can find it

*EDIT* found it... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2i9vtrOV4U

Last edited:
OP
OP

4X4Sport

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
mine overhead console rattles too but mine seems like its where the black plastic middle meets the tan trim ring. I was going to take it down and stick some dyno mat everywhere I could around the roof behind it and all around the backside of the console. just haven't got to it yet.

Would you do anything other than dynamat behind the console? Seems like maybe the mat would keep the console from vibrating as much.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
My overhead console buzzed very badly with certain sub bass frequencies, not all. Very annoying stuff. I had some Stinger road kill left over and placed small patches everywhere that I could....no more buzzing

OP
OP

4X4Sport

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My overhead console buzzed very badly with certain sub bass frequencies, not all. Very annoying stuff. I had some Stinger road kill left over and placed small patches everywhere that I could....no more buzzing

Have any pics?

lokal907ryder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Would you do anything other than dynamat behind the console? Seems like maybe the mat would keep the console from vibrating as much.

hard to say, id start with the mat then see if the rattle continues. I plan to use the stinger road kill like the other guy did.