Park Sensors and aftermarket amps - what happens to the beeps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

undertow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have Park Sense and I'm adding an external amp to my factory radio (base 6 speaker system). I assume the Park Sense beeps are coming through the HU to the dash and door speakers, since the radio volume drops when the beeps come on. If I add an external amp and feed it from the speaker outputs from the radio, the external amp is going to amplify the Park Sense beeps too, correct?

I'm scared of what those beeps will sound like amplified to 150W per channel.

What do I do about that? Or am I wrong, and the beeps are actually coming from somewhere else inside the dash?

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The beeps are generated through the radio, so they will still be there.

OP
OP
U

undertow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The beeps are generated through the radio, so they will still be there.

Okay, so what about the other part of my question - you've confirmed that the beeps are coming out of the radio, which means they'll be going into the amplifier - which means I'm going to be amplifying the beeps at 150W per channel. That's going to hurt, isn't it? They're already obnoxiously loud, and they are unaffected by the volume knob. A loud signal going into the external amp is going to mean a PAINFULLY LOUD signal coming out of the amp, no?

I guess I can turn off the beeps, but I kind of like the feature and would like to keep it - I just don't want to blow out my ears every time I park my truck.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
just means you wont back up into anything then huh lol

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
And your ears will ring every time you back up lol

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
but if im not mistaken, the beep doesn't come from every speaker in the truck, pull your audio source from a speaker that doesn't beep, probably a rear one, i mean why exactly would your rear speakers need to beep if the front ones are lol

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
but if im not mistaken, the beep doesn't come from every speaker in the truck, pull your audio source from a speaker that doesn't beep, probably a rear one, i mean why exactly would your rear speakers need to beep if the front ones are lol

With the front and rear Park Sense, the beeping comes out all four speakers. Which one depends on where it's detecting an object (front, rear, right, and left individually), it matches up to the graphics on the EVIC.

OP
OP
U

undertow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

As crash68 pointed out, the beeps do come from both the front and the rear, but now I'm wondering if the front beeps are in both the dash and the door speakers, or only in the dash - if only in the dash, then I could pull the audio from just the front door speaker outputs.

Anyone know if those beeps come from both sets of front speakers, or only from the dash? The sound is really hard to locate - and I can't put my ear next to the door speaker when it's beeping, because it only beeps when it's in gear and I'm about to hit something, which is probably a bad time to be sticking my head down by my feet... I guess I can temporarily disconnect the dash speakers and see if I still hear beeps from the front.

Nothing is easy.

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
Honestly are you going to have the radio on full bore as your pulling into a parking spot. Simply turn it down a hair....

OP
OP
U

undertow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Honestly are you going to have the radio on full bore as your pulling into a parking spot. Simply turn it down a hair....

The beeps are unaffected by the volume control. That's why it's a problem. If the beeps were relative to the volume, then this would be a non-issue.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Anyone know if those beeps come from both sets of front speakers, or only from the dash? The sound is really hard to locate - and I can't put my ear next to the door speaker when it's beeping, because it only beeps when it's in gear and I'm about to hit something

The dash speakers in the 6 speaker base system are actually "tweeters" wired in parallel with the door speakers. The crossover capacitor is part of the dash speaker itself.

OP
OP
U

undertow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The dash speakers in the 6 speaker base system are actually "tweeters" wired in parallel with the door speakers. The crossover capacitor is part of the dash speaker itself.

Crap.

What's this PAC interface adrianp89 mentioned?

There has to be a workaround for this. I can't be the only guy in the universe who ever tried to add an amp to a factory system in a Ram with Park Sensors... :think:

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
AP4-CH41 - I forgot it only works with Alpine systems though... and just looked it up - it does have an option to change chime levels.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
As crash68 pointed out, the beeps do come from both the front and the rear, but now I'm wondering if the front beeps are in both the dash and the door speakers, or only in the dash - if only in the dash, then I could pull the audio from just the front door speaker outputs.

Anyone know if those beeps come from both sets of front speakers, or only from the dash? The sound is really hard to locate - and I can't put my ear next to the door speaker when it's beeping, because it only beeps when it's in gear and I'm about to hit something, which is probably a bad time to be sticking my head down by my feet... I guess I can temporarily disconnect the dash speakers and see if I still hear beeps from the front.

Nothing is easy.

parking brake and reverse and then you are set... done it many times messing with other things and unless your parking brake isnt any good you will be fine