Pioneer TSSWX2502 10" sub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kissimmeetiger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Audio novice here. I bought this shallow mount sub that is in an enclosure to install in my 16 Crew Cab with new speakers for the doors and the Kenwood Kenwood KAC-7005PS amp. I took it all to get it installed and the guy said this sub will fit nowhere. I don't want more bass than this and it's the amount of money I want to spend. Just want to make everything sound better. My goal is to make this sub work somehow.

Now Crutchfield says that I should just get a smaller 8 to put where the factory sub is. I wanted a larger sub. Do any of you have any ideas of where this downfiring Pioneer sub can be put/mounted? It apparently doesn't fit under the seat, under the back seats or behind the back seats. Could it be mounted on the back floor face down, for example.

Any other ideas of a 10" or better sub without having to buy sub boxes?

Thank you all,

Tom

BadHabit2Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
You can mount it on the back floor, but then one side floor will be higher than the other and passengers putting their feet on it.

That thing is 6" tall, it will not fit on the floor under the back seat pushed all the way to the wall?

OP
OP
K

kissimmeetiger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've beat my head against this wall enough. It won't even fit on the floor behind the front seats. Also the hump there is probably an inch too short for it. It's as if Ram made this interior to keep these subs out. Now I either buy a 10" box from one of the companies that sells them or have to purchase a $650 sub/enclosure made for this truck. Man I just wanted a 10" aftermarket sub that would simply do a better job than the factory without spending a ton. Any ideas? Do any of these enclosure boxes built to fit the truck and sub work well?

Thanks, Tom

BadHabit2Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
I have read foxbox is really good and netaudio also.

NetAudio is a bit more expensive, but they will work in the space under the rear seat.

OP
OP
K

kissimmeetiger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have read foxbox is really good and netaudio also.

NetAudio is a bit more expensive, but they will work in the space under the rear seat.

Yes I went ahead and bought a Foxbox and Alpine Sub to fit it. Let me be the guinea pig for the rest of you. Don't buy this Pioneer enclosed sub for newer Ram 1500 Crew Cabs. There is NOWHERE to put it. Merry Christmas to you all and thanks for commenting.

Tom