Play Movies on your OEM 8.4" Screen - with your smartphone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

InspectGWS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 JEEP GC SRT8
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Miracast Wireless Display...Play Movies on your 8.4" Screen - with your phone...and no DVD player.

MXHouston is a audio shop local to me - and today they installed a CRUX WVICH-03 from Crux Interfacing. The CRUX WVICH-03 is an Wi-Fi connectivity kit for OEM Integration in select RAM vehicles that are equipped with an 8.4" Uconnect radio and a factory installed rear-view camera. It enables wireless audio/video mirroring from mobile devices to the OEM display screen for shared linking of functions from most smartphones to the OEM Screen.

So on my Motorola Droid MAXX I use my screen display sharing function called Miracast, connect to my CRUX WiFi - push my "BACK" button...and anything that is on the screen of my phone now displays on my 8.4" screen...Movies, videos, email, apps...anything my phone displays is now being "shared" on my RAM screen. The resolution playing an HD movie is not as good as a DVD player, but since we do not have DVD players, it is waaaaaaaay better than nothing. Bluetooth has to be OFF for the audio to function correctly.

Here is a horrible picture, but I had to use my old Motorola RAZR, to take pictures of my Droid MAXX and my 8.4" screen at the same time...playing Edge of Tomorrow with Tom Cruise...

Attachments

• CRUX Interfacing.jpg
    CRUX Interfacing.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 1,219

HAMMER77777

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Miracast Wireless Display...Play Movies on your 8.4" Screen - with your phone...and no DVD player.

MXHouston is a audio shop local to me - and today they installed a CRUX WVICH-03 from Crux Interfacing. The CRUX WVICH-03 is an Wi-Fi connectivity kit for OEM Integration in select RAM vehicles that are equipped with an 8.4" Uconnect radio and a factory installed rear-view camera. It enables wireless audio/video mirroring from mobile devices to the OEM display screen for shared linking of functions from most smartphones to the OEM Screen.

So on my Motorola Droid MAXX I use my screen display sharing function called Miracast, connect to my CRUX WiFi - push my "BACK" button...and anything that is on the screen of my phone now displays on my 8.4" screen...Movies, videos, email, apps...anything my phone displays is now being "shared" on my RAM screen. The resolution playing an HD movie is not as good as a DVD player, but since we do not have DVD players, it is waaaaaaaay better than nothing. Bluetooth has to be OFF for the audio to function correctly.

Here is a horrible picture, but I had to use my old Motorola RAZR, to take pictures of my Droid MAXX and my 8.4" screen at the same time...playing Edge of Tomorrow with Tom Cruise...

Nice, but sadly, I dont have a smartphone. In absence of that, I dont think this would work for me. Im trying to figure out how i can play DVD's. There is a hack that many have informed me about, but I still would need a DVD player installed. Im still in the process of finding someone locally to do that.

dasbooter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

Cool! The only other option I have seen for this is custom tronix Chrysler/Dodge/Ram ICOS RAX-jailbreak GOLD | Customtronix . There is a lot of hardware in place here that we purchased with our trucks that uconnect is holding hostage(I can't even access most of it in Canada) for money including WiFi. I wish these units were as popular as say xboxes and some indignant hacker would figure out how to maybe get control of this.

Pc263

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Miracast wireless display

How can I purchase miracast for my ram 1500 Laramie 2014?
Trying to mirror my smartphone with the uconnect 8.4 an radio system.
OR CAN anyone tell me how to do it.

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
The lockpick air v2 will also mirror phone to the 8.4 screen from what I've read. Just installed my 8.4 today and am gonna get a lockpick soon

morehouse978

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you still have this setup? If so, any problems after long time usage?

martinuresti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How much is this? I live in Dallas, but I'd be willing to Mae the drive to Houston if it's worth it.

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any chance there is a way to use this function on the older RBZ with rear camera so this can work on my 2009 Ram? :)