Premium cluster options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a premium cluster and I was watching some YouTube videos, and I realized i don't have a lot f the functions.

I don't have oil psi, battery voltage, battery page, a total hour just idle running.

Also can't figure the oil temp issue. Oil temp and coolant temp are exact same.

Feel like I'm missing half of the options any guidance would perfect.

Like if I need to get it reflashed

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
It should all be under vehicle information. Might be in the same group as the tpms. You have to scroll right

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have check everything, I am missing a page in vehicle information, missing a gauge on the gauge page, missing an entire section on EVIC, don't have total hours where it has drive and idle hours... This may be because I don't have trailer brake controller but don't have that either

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I don't know if the 4.7L monitors and/or is designed to show that info.

Did your truck come with the 7" evic or did you upgrade to one?

OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the tip top cluster option... I don't think the would omit simple functions because its not a hemi, but it is Chrysler so I don't know...

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know if the 4.7L monitors and/or is designed to show that info.

Did your truck come with the 7" evic or did you upgrade to one?

I don't see why the 4.7 would be any different. The V6 , Hemi and diesel all have it. I belive his truck came with the premium cluster. It's a shame he didn't notice the problem while he was still under warranty. I think he has either a problem in his cluster or connection or a problem with his B.C.M of some kind. It seems like there is some type of a disconnect between the truck and the cluster. If the truck wasn't getting oil pressure and temp readings itself it would throw a check engine light.

OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't see why the 4.7 would be any different. The V6 , Hemi and diesel all have it. I belive his truck came with the premium cluster. It's a shame he didn't notice the problem while he was still under warranty. I think he has either a problem in his cluster or connection or a problem with his B.C.M of some kind. It seems like there is some type of a disconnect between the truck and the cluster. If the truck wasn't getting oil pressure and temp readings itself it would throw a check engine light.

I figured it was all normal until I started watching youtube videos and my friends truck with the crap cluster, it has more accurate info. New cluster from Chrysler is about 1.1k... I almost want to take it in and maybe either get a firm ware update if there is one, or a reflash. I dont think the cluster is broken... I know I keep asking Ricks Ram, been busy, couldnt schedule anything... Happen to have that spare cluster to plug in and see?

Also is mileage programmable? (side note)

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's not a flash all trucks have the capability to show the same information. You can get a used cluster for around 2 to 3 hundred dollars if you look around. Yes you can have your mileage programed into another cluster. It is most likley not the cluster but woukd be a,good idea to rule it out.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I'd bring it in and see what the dealer says

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Should I bring it in to see what the issue is?

That's up to you. They might be able to diagnose it with a specific scan tool and narrow in on the problem. I personally don't like letting a dealer touch my truck unless it's a warranty issue,but in a case like this it may be your best bet at diagnosing your problem if you are lucky enough to get a good Tech. I still have an extra premium cluster if you want to plug it in and see if it helps. It would be a good thing to rule out before you see a dealer. It only takes about 10 or 15 minutes to switch out the clusters.

OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's up to you. They might be able to diagnose it with a specific scan tool and narrow in on the problem. I personally don't like letting a dealer touch my truck unless it's a warranty issue,but in a case like this it may be your best bet at diagnosing your problem if you are lucky enough to get a good Tech. I still have an extra premium cluster if you want to plug it in and see if it helps. It would be a good thing to rule out before you see a dealer. It only takes about 10 or 15 minutes to switch out the clusters.

Could we meet in Tracy or something this week?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea let me check my scedule will be in touch later today

Reactions: PCT

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
PCT I PM'D you we are going by your way today. I am bringing my spare cluster with me. Let me know if you want to meet me on our way back through. Just PM me or message me.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
It may sound very elementary and may not help but it might just cure the issue. Did you try a factory reset on the cluster? Mine kept telling me I needed to service my air suspension, which my truck does not have, until I did the reset. I know in my case mine was a transplant and yours is not but still worth a shot.

DSCN0795.jpg

DSCN0793.jpg

DSCN0794.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It may sound very elementary and may not help but it might just cure the issue. Did you try a factory reset on the cluster? Mine kept telling me I needed to service my air suspension, which my truck does not have, until I did the reset. I know in my case mine was a transplant and yours is not but still worth a shot.

View attachment 59735

View attachment 59736

View attachment 59737

Yeah i have done restore to default, unplug the battery and tough the two terminals together, left unplugged for an hour, done all of it

OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This may be stupid, but do yall think if i pulled the cluster out and left it for a few hours and let all the capacitors inside die, it would potentially fix and bugs stored in it?

OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Took the cluster out, going to leave it out over night. Stupid but maybe it will do a complete reset of the firmware or something....

I bet the thing is broken but well see