Problem switching map lights to LED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
I installed blue LEDs in place of the incandescent bulbs in the map lights of my 2013 yesterday. Watched a Youtube video where a small cable tie was used to grip the bulbs and pull them out and I followed that procedure. Both bulbs were working fine and came out without much of a fight. The driver's side LED went in fine and works great, when I installed the LED in the passenger's side I got nothing. Pulled it out, rotated it 180* and still nothing, tried another LED, nothing, rotated it, nothing. Tried the incandescent back in it, nothing.

I've looked up into the socket and everything appears to be in place, no bent metal contacts or anything that I can find. Stuck the multimeter leads up in the socket looking for signs of life and found none. Any ideas what might have happened? I'm assuming it isn't a fuse since the driver's side still works as it should. I'm stumped and not having great luck on my new (to me) 2103 as far as the electronics are concerned.

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
My only guess is something came undone between the driver and passenger side wiring.