Push button start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Willems334

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Hello, i have a 1999 ram 1500 and am looking to change the ignition switch to a push button and kill switch and hoping to do so in a way that i dont have to have my key in the ignition cause it kinda defeats the purpose. Basically i want to end up with the prerunner/racecar style panel on the dash. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
Willems334

Willems334

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
I was thinking more along the lines of a push button and a kill switch like in the rally trucks.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I was thinking more along the lines of a push button and a kill switch like in the rally trucks.

pretty sure your 99 doesnt have a chipped key, so it would be simple to do with a wiring diagram.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are systems like the advanced keys listed above that can do this. you will have to search the web.

can it be done with a couple switches and a bunch of relays.. yes, but you will have to figure out what is needed and what is not needed when cranking.