Question about 2011 USB port

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MiamiJoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 RAM
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hello All,

I have a strange phenomenon going on with my stock audio system (no nav with touch screen).

I inserted an old USB drive in the glove box port of my 2011 RAM to see if they pop up on my audio system, all went well and around 460 old songs popped up on my AUX menu. I was happy that the stick is hidden and out of the way, took it in the house, deleted all songs and put new music on the drive, made a playlist of 55 songs.

Inserted the USB drive in the glove box again, and had around 500 songs.... I then inserted the USB drive in the front of the headunit (pulling the small cap), and had the 55 songs I knew I put on it... I am not sure what is going on, been like this for a couple of days, I deleted anything on the HDD drive of the truck, thinking maybe the songs copied to the HDD, but the 500+ songs still pop up even though they are no longer on the USB drive.... and yes, the songs do play (the ones that are no longer on the USB drive.... it acts like it would be on a cloud - I know it's not, just saying that's the feeling).

Anyone else had this weird thing happening ?

And a second question, is video playback possible through USB? DVD's work fine, but was curious if USB playback is supported.

Thank you everyone!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf