question about removing battery terminals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a bit of a car audio project coming up, im running 1/0ga from the battery to under the drivers seat most likely, which will also be the location for the amp.

If I disconnect the battery terminals, will it disable any of the features like remote start? My challenger was odd and would disable remote start if your battery went dead and I had to have the dealer enable R/S again with their tool.

I also plan on upgrading engine grounds and doing the BIG 3.

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nope. Disconnect away lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BadHabit2Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
I have done the Big 3 and added an amp, no issues with my R/S or anything disabling.

OP
OP
sullivan

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have done the Big 3 and added an amp, no issues with my R/S or anything disabling.

Thanks, did you use a Line output converter? Im trying to figure out if I am going to use the stock sub wiring for my signal or tap into a door speaker.

I will be using the LC2i.

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
I would use caution with using the stock sub wires. The signal may already be crossed over and/or volume plateau while the other speakers continue to rise. No experience with this in a ram. It was a Hyundai with premium audio. Audiocontrol gear with bass restoration should fix that.

BadHabit2Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Thanks, did you use a Line output converter? Im trying to figure out if I am going to use the stock sub wiring for my signal or tap into a door speaker.

I will be using the LC2i.

I dont have the Alpine system so no OEM sub for me to deal with.

I have the 6 speaker set up.

OP
OP
sullivan

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Update: The install went well, everything sounds and works great. I will share some photos in a DIY later on as I wasn't able to find existing information on installing it.

The 1/0 wire was sleeved with techflex, fused at the battery with a 150amp fuse, borred through through a water proof compression grommet mounted on the fire wall, snaked under the carpet, exiting under the drivers seat for right now.

The LC2i is the brain of the entire deal, the stock alpine subwoofer wires are feed into the LC2i along with 12v+ constant and (-) ground connections. It also provides a remote out signal output to turn on the amp. The JL HD 1200/1 was grounded on the rear seat bolts after some heavy sanding to provide continuity, with less than 1' of 1/0ga wire! (EDIT: The shorter the ground wire the better.)

Last edited: