Question for Lockpick owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miami Son

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Where did you end up putting the main module and all the wiring? Is there enough space behind the radio for all that mess? Is there any need to access any of it after installation? Thanks!

(S.M.R) 101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I just bought one but i'm going to have my buddy that owns a audio shop install it.... all I have to do is supply the Beer.

But one of my other buddy's installed one on his Ram and he told me that there is a place for it fit in there.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I don't have any pictures, but there's a lot of empty space below the radio on the floor. I just zip-tied the excess wires all together and let the module sit there on the floor. It may slide around a little, but not enough to hear or cause any problems. I've had mine for almost a year in that same spot.

300MAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put it on the driver side of the center console by the shifter. It makes it easy to pull out and unplug if needed, yes they can lock up( just need to unplug and plug back in to reset. Not a everyday common issue but it has happened on this lockpick once and the one in my 300c a few times in the past 4 years.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Dealer installed mine in the center stack. Plenty of room.

OP
OP
Miami Son

Miami Son

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I put it on the driver side of the center console by the shifter. It makes it easy to pull out and unplug if needed, yes they can lock up( just need to unplug and plug back in to reset. Not a everyday common issue but it has happened on this lockpick once and the one in my 300c a few times in the past 4 years.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Good to know, although if you've had it for 4 years it probably isn't the newer V.4 version.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I've had the v4 and never had the freezing issues. Sometimes the radio spazzes out after hanging up from a call through bluetooth. It turns on the reverse camera when the call ends and I can't get it to go off until I shut the truck off and back on. Weird, but I can live with it (I just don't use Uconnect very much).