Radio booster?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PheasantHunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2014 RAM, it is a great truck, except for the radio reception. I live in the middle of nowhere. However, my former truck was an 2005 Chevy Colorado, manual everything, I could listen to 3 radio stations on my 18 mile drive to work. This truck is lucky to pick up one at a time, and seldom to I get to work without losing reception (don't even try on an overcast day). I don't want to pay for satelite radio, I would rather listen to local stations.

So my question, do they make radio booster or antenna booster that will improve the respection?

jcarden10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, there are antenna boosters available. A quick google search should yield several options. Never used one, so not sure how effective they are. Also, it may be worth pulling the head unit to make sure the antenna cable is seated properly. I would think if it's a factory radio it's probably ok, but you never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Radio boosters are available, but they aren't really worth the money you'll spend on them. I'd put them in the same class as those cyclone things you put in your intake tube ( look like a fan that don't turn ). While the idea is good all they really seem to work at is making your wallet lighter.

As said above I'd check the antenna connections and make sure they are all tight. Also make sure there isn't any corrosion between the antenna and the base.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I second poor reception on these trucks.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk