Radio confusion in my 09....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
My truck is NOT equipped with UConnect so why does it have the center radio plug that, from what I read, is for the UConnect microphone??? Just trying to figure out what the plug/wire is for since my truck doesnt have UConnect from the factory. Where would this wire go anyway? Does this mean my truck may already have the harness for a dual-mic mirror?

I used this is picture from JK forum since it is the only one I could really find.
Existing-Wiring-Connectors.jpg

Last edited:

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can add it. They make a module and microphone kit.

Doesn't it depend on the radio, too? The Bluetooth is built into the unit, right? You'd need one that has the uConnect button on it.

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Doesn't it depend on the radio, too? The Bluetooth is built into the unit, right? You'd need one that has the uConnect button on it.

I believe all the radios have the uconnect button and the uconnect module is the bluetooth

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ah...someone had told me before it was built into the radio. But from what I've been reading now, the uConnect module is behind the glovebox?

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you have an auto-dimming mirror? If so you might already have the mic there. You can google 2009 ram uConnect and find some write-ups on adding it. I don't think we can post links to other forums so I won't.

I also found this on Amazon. Seems a little pricey though.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005J5DNPK

partsguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
the going rate is about 5-6 hundred. just depends on the kit you need